Grips

joe camarda

Several years ago I found and bought a set of handgrips. They were made of a surgical rubber, were light brown in color, and the throttle grip had a single rib about half the diameter of a pencil.

I would like to locate another set of these, so if anyone can help I would be grateful. TIA :rasta:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest captain nemo

Good - a grip thread.

Grips make a BIG difference. I put on a typical 'sportsbike' set from your usual bike parts place and rode it home 4 miles. My hands were aching! Since I have some weight on my hands, a good set of grips is wanted. I am currently using the type that are a bit fat - they are larger in the middle and taper to the ends. These are pretty good as big is better I think. However, I know there is a grip out there waiting for me that is going to make all the pain go away.

Where are they?????

Well, the reason I'm looking for these particular grips is/are (1) the throttle side grip has the rib which is really nice once youre used to it :bike: , (2) the natural rubber color is kinda elemental and unusual :) and (3) nobody else has them -_- (and/or apparently even knows about them) :!: . Theyre no more comfortable than a set of gel grips....okay, dammit :bbblll: , I just want them for no particular good reason! :rasta:

BTW. Is it just me, or does anyone else think its kinda weird that Al has photographs of everything <_>

Guest dkgross

hey Al...these look cool. I ordered some. Are they easy to install?

(watch out everyone...Dave's gonna actually TOUCH his motorcycle....)

Guest captain nemo

No no no........I just went to look at the Pro Grip gels and even went out to feel them on one of the guy's bikes. That don't cut it. They're all right if your bars are up a bit, but if you have a lot of weight on your hands and have lower clip ons, they are too narrow. My grips are much better for weight.

Still looking for the ultimate grips......