Customised V11's

nobleswood

The tail is nice and light - more sporting than the V11s. I know there are a lot of quality components, and that it's rare and in excellent condition. But gosh, $16,000? I don't get it.

I think Ghezzi-Brian still sell the whole kit - and the individual components.

That is what the flash in the pan now calls the Street Fighter look. Maybe it is my age but not my cup of Tea. But what I think or others should not matter as each person has there likes and of course dislikes lol.

For a living I make Furniture, built in furniture, stuff designed by Architects & design as well. And I am well aware that sometimes I have spent so much time on a project that I loose sight of if it actually looks good. That I have lost my objectivity.

Looking at these 2 custom bikes; I can admire the workmanship & the skill involved but find the overall result, 'Meh.' Maybe I just need a beer ? :glare:

• Like 1

1 front disc? So you can reach the spokes to clean them for hours...  :huh2:

As for the two links I posted. I prefer the stock V11 over the customized one, so I agree that it's excellent work, but I don't find the end result more appealing. On the other hand, I really like the cafe Centauro. It's tasteful and classic while keeping the modern components. I thought the gold wheels (same gold as the Brembo components) was brilliant. Have a beer and take another look at the Centauro (which IMO was not that attractive to start with).

Do we have some other woodworkers on the forum? Somebody want to start a new thread? It's been a long time since I built any furniture, but I've done some stuff around the house within the last few years - entertainment center, wood staircase, etc. I'm no professional, but I'd be willing to take a few pics.

For a living I make Furniture, built in furniture, stuff designed by Architects & design as well. And I am well aware that sometimes I have spent so much time on a project that I loose sight of if it actually looks good. That I have lost my objectivity.

Looking at these 2 custom bikes; I can admire the workmanship & the skill involved but find the overall result, 'Meh.' Maybe I just need a beer ? :glare:

Craftsmanship is a worthy endeavor.

Some of these "exercises" may be more *marketing* or *promotion.*

I do think the custom "Centauro" makes the grade. :thumbsup:

Haha -  could be the Craft Beer talking! :bier:

Tom,

I like the stripped back look of the Santiago bike you put up. But why the single front disc & conventional forks?

I have no idea why he went with one disk on that bike.  All of his other Guzzis have dual disks.  I think those are polished stock USD forks but I could be wrong.

On the other hand.... I love the V11 Lemans with the aly tank. Its also done by a friend of mine in italy Danilo. In his words, it runs a hell of a lot better than it did on EFI with new ECU and carbs (FCR41). Not all the styling is to my taste - mainly the pipes, but the lines are very good everywhere else.

I guess thats the beauty of it all is that we are free to make what we like based on our tastes and individuality and bikes are a great medium for that. I think especially guzzis lend themselves to cafe racers more than most bikes.

• Like 2

I've always thought that the v11 rear end looked awful without the tail-section- and not so easy to customise perhaps?

I have honestly yet to see a 'true' V11 that was fully customised to look better than the original v11sport. Even ghezzi- and we all know how good they are.

I mean, not like a tonti, or f/bed etc, that had a structure in place to bolt to...

Case in point:

http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2016/12/round-head-racer-moto-guzzi-lemans-mkii.html

mmmmmm! Should put this on 'what bike would you desire' thread.