clutch slave

andy york

*Groan*  :blush:  . . . in a continued effort to put off crabbing my SpineFrame and get back on the road > prima de presto

Scud did some access comparison on the early, unbraced, RedFrame and it *may be* possible to swap the slave ("command cylinder") without removing the swingarm. I've long read that they can be a bugger to get off. I'll give that a try and see if the trouble resolves. If so, the M/C kit can go in the spares cabinet.

Pushing back against the funky blues, which is: having to be without my beloved RedFrame Sport :wub:

[edit 22 June, 2017: MI says "no slave cylinder available" :( ]

Josh spotted the very interesting similarity in the V11 "command cylinder" (01086330) and that of the Breva (perhaps the Norge, Griso, and 1200SPORT also?) : 05086330

Is the only difference the inclusion of the bleeder?

gallery_328_223_104486.png

for some reason I thought I looked at that. Maybe I spoke with someone at MI. don't remember.

I have another one if you need it. Actually I have 2 ....Scud sent me a used one - and I think I ordered 2 when I got 

mine from harpers. it had obviously been sitting on the shelf for years  :grin:

andy

Thanks, man! 

I have an '06-'07 Breava unit coming off ebay. It would be great to compare them before I start jacking the Sport apart. Maybe compare piston dimensions.

Pushing back against the funky blues, which is: having to be without my beloved RedFrame Sport :wub:

Do you just have one bike? I assume with 1.4 billion miles on the V11 you must.

Do you just have one bike? I assume with 1.4 billion miles on the V11 you must.

Haha , well I have a 1990 Honda GB500 I bought new. It's on the verge of turning over 50,000 miles.

Looks like it might make it this go 'round. Several have braced me for the barrage that may occur if I ride the GB to the South'n Spine Raid . . .

I'm hoping this is one for the En-psycho-pedia of Parts.

It will be a great thing for this community to know that the later [CARC] clutch slave fits the V11 simply by swapping over the bleeder.

Should know in the next week or so . . .

• Like 1

My Greenie's is dangling now. Post your measurements and I can compare - possibly late this evening.

• Like 1

So, the Grimeca clutch slave cylinder arrived disassembled (better than coming full of hydraulic fluid!) and includes the three fasteners, which are in good condition. There are two O-rings inside the bore.

gallery_328_223_359450.jpeg

Well to answer that question, I'll have to get air in the system. But ok, I planned to flush out the fluid anyway. 

My questions:

Where's that spring go and what's it supposed to do? 

Why two banjo bolts? (why no bleeder?)

And the fasteners are different - which is probably good, because the original screws with allen heads are quite weak.