Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

LOVE IT.  I was trying to figure out the significance of the photo with the plane in the background. 10 Greenie Attitude points for the gentleman from Oregon.

Do I get extra points because that building behind it houses the Spruce Goose? Get it, Goose!

LOVE IT.  I was trying to figure out the significance of the photo with the plane in the background. 10 Greenie Attitude points for the gentleman from Oregon.

Do I get extra points because that building behind it houses the Spruce Goose? Get it, Goose!

You get a Goose IPA. Must be present to win.

IMG_6038.jpg

So the Spruce Goose in Oregon now? I saw it when it was in Long Beach Harbor, next to the Queen Mary.

LOVE IT. I was trying to figure out the significance of the photo with the plane in the background. 10 Greenie Attitude points for the gentleman from Oregon.

You get a Goose IPA. Must be present to win.

IMG_6038.jpg

So the Spruce Goose in Oregon now? I saw it when it was in Long Beach Harbor, next to the Queen Mary.

Yup. They weren't taking care of it down there so it's up here now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early RedFrames will appreciate careful suspension tuning and tire selection (like all bikes). Very, very early RedFrames had steeper triple clamps. What is the build date on this bike you're looking at?

Not sure of the build date but it's listed as a 2001.

7/2000

• Like 1

Early RedFrames will appreciate careful suspension tuning and tire selection (like all bikes). Very, very early RedFrames had steeper triple clamps. What is the build date on this bike you're looking at?

Not sure of the build date but it's listed as a 2001.

7/2000

Well, no worries about you having the very early steeper triples. My 3/2000 is a "2000" and doesn't have them.

3752e97e91f6701608782be22a316d5b.jpg

What are the two rubber bungs/plugs under the license plate for?

Is this right? It has to be able to move and it doesn't appear to be loose aside from what you can see.

3752e97e91f6701608782be22a316d5b.jpg

What are the two rubber bungs/plugs under the license plate for?

Those stabilize the larger, square license tags common to Europe. They can be repurposed . . . if you're fond of staying up late nights . . .  and you're caught up on The Checklists. 

IMG_1791.JPG.jpeg

Those are .38SPL+P.  Fit the existing holes, cotter pinned from behind. The rubber stops are saved, of course, in my V11 stash. :mg:

I'm always tickled at the "fender eliminators" and tail tidies. The back of my Sport looks like the chest of a Mexican general. :whistle:

hey Swooshdave...I watched your "sunny Sunday ride" while I was in there. I for one would love to see more of the 850. The Thruxton is cool. Was yours similar? What was the other guy riding?

https://youtu.be/POT32XnRG_o

Here's the video from my buddy Mike on the Thruxton.

https://youtu.be/Pj-wl08JCBI

And the other bike...

e6e9b87822721732e57c42a342c33e0b.jpg

My Triumph was a T100. Similar to the Thruxton but less sporty. I did have the flyscreen and Thruxton exhaust. But no rearsets.