Will California Special valve covers fit a V11 Cafe Sport?

polebridge

I am looking to replace the valve covers on my 2004 V11 Cafe Sport.  I am looking for a set of steel ones that do not have a color finish (the current ones are brown).  Seems hard to find although I have found some for 99-10 California Special 1100s.

My question is, does anyone know if those will also fit my V11?  Or does anyone know where I can find ones that will?

Thanks,

Mike

You could compare part numbers for the valve cover gaskets. If the V11 uses the same gaskets as another bike, there's a pretty good chance that the covers will be compatible.

I'm with you polebridge. I want to keep my originals for some reason, but want to run another color. It's good to know I can expand my search. Maybe even find a deal. You going to remove paint and polish the aluminum?

Thanks everybody.  Looks like this may be a bit harder than I thought.  I found these:

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=48694

Went ahead and ordered two of them only to find out that they had only one in stock.  Second would have to be special ordered and would take 6-8 weeks and they could not guarantee that it would be polished like the one in the picture.

So...cancelled the order and the search continues!

Was that $150 for one cover? Here's a cool aftermarket pair on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Custom-VALVE-COVERS-Big-Blocks-Square-Fin-Heads-1100-/131655506299?hash=item1ea747997b:g:4S4AAOSwkZhWTMhH&vxp=mtr

I have a pair of original covers that are painted grey, but have some scratches from the bike being down. I think a good shop could polish the scratches out. 

• Like 1

You could compare part numbers for the valve cover gaskets. If the V11 uses the same gaskets as another bike, there's a pretty good chance that the covers will be compatible.

the gaskets are the same.

Was that $150 for one cover? Here's a cool aftermarket pair on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Custom-VALVE-COVERS-Big-Blocks-Square-Fin-Heads-1100-/131655506299?hash=item1ea747997b:g:4S4AAOSwkZhWTMhH&vxp=mtr

I have a pair of original covers that are painted grey, but have some scratches from the bike being down. I think a good shop could polish the scratches out. 

Thanks.  I had actually seen these but did not look closely enough at the description and assumed the price was for a single cover.  After seeing your post I took a closer look and the price is for a pair.  So...I just ordered them.  I will let you know how it works out when I get them.

Thanks everyone!

Do any of the later big block guzzi rocker covers fit our V11s, I like the way the spark plug leads look so neat.