Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

And people stopping to check on me, then some buds ride by and all offer to stay with me!

Tow driver was a rider and so caring about the tie-down. Still, those three little straps? I was nervous about her bouncing around on that deck . . . :wacko:

e2cb0b9d4d183d3d05b83621c00596c9.jpg

Went over to my buddy’s house to see him start his bike for the first time.

Meanwhile in the parking lot I caught a photo of these two V-twins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny.  Perhaps this story is the other side of the coin.

I met this guy stuck on the side of the road just on the other side of town.  We never got it running and we pushed it to his house.  He had just taken delivery.  He had changed the plugs and installed the wrong ones.  He later called the restorer and got it all right.

A4D0EF56066F461FA1363A053D9BFC05.jpg

I met this guy stuck on the side of the road just on the other side of town.  We never got it running and we pushed it to his house.  He had just taken delivery.  He had changed the plugs and installed the wrong ones.  He later called the restorer and got it all right.

Series C Rapides are such a nice looking bike, they seem to have the right proportions. Engine designed by and Australian as well:)

Funny story I read in a bike mag a few years ago. This Journo reccons there is a world wide Vincent owners conspiracy. Says no Vincent owner will let you ride their bike, not because they are afraid you will crash it but because if they do other riders will find out just how very ordinary they actually are,lol. Once you buy one and find out you then need to keep the secret, which apparently isnt hard to do after shelling out silly money.

PS........ I've know someone for many years thats owned one for as long as I've known him and he would never let me ride it.

Ciao  

Rest assured I’ll get to ride the Vincent in the video. I’ll let you know how ordinary it is. All of the Vincent riders I’ve had the pleasure to accompany are very rapid even when riding with modern bikes.

Rest assured I’ll get to ride the Vincent in the video. I’ll let you know how ordinary it is. All of the Vincent riders I’ve had the pleasure to accompany are very rapid even when riding with modern bikes.

Excellent. Look forward to a review. Just dont sign anything before hand:)

Ciao

• Like 1

Series C Rapides are such a nice looking bike, they seem to have the right proportions. Engine designed by and Australian as well:)

Funny story I read in a bike mag a few years ago. This Journo reccons there is a world wide Vincent owners conspiracy. Says no Vincent owner will let you ride their bike, not because they are afraid you will crash it but because if they do other riders will find out just how very ordinary they actually are,lol. Once you buy one and find out you then need to keep the secret, which apparently isnt hard to do after shelling out silly money.

PS........ I've know someone for many years thats owned one for as long as I've known him and he would never let me ride it.

Ciao  

I think you might be right about Vincent owners not wanting folks to touch their bikes.  He was totally gassed when let me finally try to kick start it.  And then he had no choice but to have me help him push it up to his house.  He mentioned to an inquiring onlooker driving a new Corvette that the bike cost him $60k.

He and I went riding a few days later, he on his Multi 1200 and me on the Greenie.  He didn't leave me but we did kick it over 100.  He told me he got the Vincent running but I've not seen it run personally.

Ciao  

I think you might be right about Vincent owners not wanting folks to touch their bikes.  He was totally gassed when let me finally try to kick start it.  And then he had no choice but to have me help him push it up to his house.  He mentioned to an inquiring onlooker driving a new Corvette that the bike cost him $60k.

He and I went riding a few days later, he on his Multi 1200 and me on the Greenie.  He didn't leave me but we did kick it over 100.  He told me he got the Vincent running but I've not seen it run personally.

I'd be interested to ride one and I love the look of them and the engineering. Quality engineering is timeless even just to admire.

When I see the cost of some of these bikes I reflect upon the fact that for the same money or in some cases even considerably less you can buy a garanteed future classic new or almost new right now. Ducati 1098R for example, sand cast crankcases, Titanium rods, limited production Ohlins suspension plus other bespoke stuff. A future classic for a fraction of the price right now. Second hand of course.  

I bet for a $100,000US you could get a Britten V1000 built for you by the Britten guys in NZ as well. 

Ciao

I bet for a $100,000US you could get a Britten V1000 built for you by the Britten guys in NZ as well. 

Ciao

I think you need to add a zero to that number.

Ciao

I think you need to add a zero to that number.

100,000US is about 10 billion Kiwi dollars remember:)

Ciao