2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport possible purchase

bikelee

https://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2000-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/6262686102.html

About 20 miles from my house.
Was there a recall on the transmissions on these bikes ??
Price too high ??
Can the tach be fixed cheaply ??
What should I look out for including oil leaks ??
Seems like very low mileage. Is that bad ??
Thanks for any help or advice.

Tons of accessories. Low miles. Not sure I'd be worried about to much. Price seems reasonable. I'm just not sure who would want a silver bike...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So,

>Yes on the gearbox recall. As extensively as that V11 has been looked after, I would think it likely that was aslso seen to. I believe Piaggio, or your local dealer, can confirm that was performed.

>Price seems fine for all the kit that comes with it. Assuming that is the kit you're looking for and it's all expertly done.

> If I were taking on a bike this old, low miles or not, I would plan for a period of fettling and sorting.

>Tach could be as simple as a relay (look for other lights or electrical thinks not working), grounding, or internal to the tach.

>Worst oil leak on the early Sport would be a crack in the left rear gearbox case mount spilling gearoil down the left side behind the starter. Also, leakis appearing at the lower weep hole of the "bell housing" are involved to get to. Rear drive leaks are not uncommon, but the silver engines don;t get as many timing chest (front of the engine) leaks as the black crinkle engines.

> Use eclipse glasses when viewing early green Sports lest ye go blind. :sun:

Price: While looking for myself, I have found several '00-'01 silver Sports (nationwide) in the range of 3500-5500, over the past year. That one is about the highest priced, but lowest miles I've seen tho that price wouldn't scare me away. The key here for me would be inspection. For that price I want to see it up close to confirm the mileage, and the condition. You have at least 1 tank and 1 fairing you can sell for recoup$.

The Veglia gauges .. well .. sometimes fall apart. You'll have to search the forum for fixes, but replacement

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19038&hl=speedhut  (photos held hostage)

Docc has a great Speedhut gauge replacement thread and I can't find it!

20 mi from home HAS value!

(I hope we can see better photos with that LM fairing!) I like silver bikes

Docc has a great Speedhut gauge replacement thread and I can't find it!

20 mi from home HAS value!

(I hope we can see better photos with that LM fairing!) I like silver bikes

Actually Kiwi_Roy's "Installing Speedhut Gauges" in "How to . . ."  has several contributors that shared their Speedhut outcomes. Sadly, there is some PhotoBlockit damage to the image content: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19038&page=1

IMG_2140.JPG.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg

Right? A Magni faring complete with green glass, mirrors, headlamp, and turn signals. Not sure about mounting brackets.

A couple reference images from the cl ad:

00606_2tNuNq2ac9H_600x450.jpg

00T0T_cgVk0nvEGBv_600x450.jpg

Right? A Magni faring complete with green glass, mirrors, headlamp, and turn signals. Not sure about mounting brackets.

A couple reference images from the cl ad:

00606_2tNuNq2ac9H_600x450.jpg

00T0T_cgVk0nvEGBv_600x450.jpg

is that photo good enough for swoosh to turn green? :food:

Lee, you are the same person that posted this on Wild Guzzi?

Yes. The guys on Wildguzzi said to post here also in that you folks could give me more info.  :oldgit:  :mg:

Ain't that just sweeter'an honey pie. ;)

Any hope that the original foot controls and clip-ons might be in the mix?

*okay, I see the original clip-ons are included. :thumbsup: (I know of someone who would be very interested in those.)

The exhaust canisters appear to be the original MG accessory cf cans made by Mistral. May have the early "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" tags.

It would be nice to see some pics with the tank bag off. The tank mounted is an original paint Sport tank with chin pad?

BTW, this is an excellent find and worth some serious consideration! [iMO]