for those interested in the Dark Side

st. augustine

This bike has been for sale for at least 4 months.  From my discussions with them and other peoples reports, this is not a very good dealer to do business with.  

There are multiple issues with the bike, such as repaint and broken pieces and they say the bike has never been down.  Also looks like the speedo has been replaced, so be aware that mileage might be inaccurate.

They refused to send me hi-res pics.

Btw, there are around $800-900 in dealer fees that will be added to the price you see listed.

Proceed with caution.  

• Like 1

Just noticed you are in Ashland, wife and I spend the night there last week waiting for a new tire (3 holes in the bad one) to be put on our car by Les Schwab.  

It is a lovely place to visit and we will be back!

• Like 1

John Hollywood, what’s not to like?

Not to Like:

• Potential hassle with dealer (based on some prior reports)
  • Fuzzy paint on the driveline
  • Probably original aluminum flywheel
  • Oversized boss on shift pawl arm
  • Undersprung up front if you weigh more than 165 lbs
  • Repaint
  • Hacked windscreen

On the other hand:

• Ohlins shock, forks, and damper
  • Titanium kit racing exhaust and high-hangers
  • Low miles
  • Looks to be complete
  • A few nice, small mods (LED signals, bar-en mirrors, fender eliminator)
  • It's still a Scura  :ninja:

John Hollywood, what’s not to like?

Not to Like:

• Potential hassle with dealer (based on some prior reports)
  • Fuzzy paint on the driveline
  • Probably original aluminum flywheel
  • Oversized boss on shift pawl arm
  • Undersprung up front if you weigh more than 165 lbs
  • Repaint
  • Hacked windscreen

On the other hand:

• Ohlins shock, forks, and damper
  • Titanium kit racing exhaust and high-hangers
  • Low miles
  • Looks to be complete
  • A few nice, small mods (LED signals, bar-en mirrors, fender eliminator)
  • It's still a Scura  :ninja:

I passed up a Scura in early October that had a terrible engine repaint.  They sprayed over all the bolts, it would have drove me crazy!  That one was only $4200 and had some really nice extra bits on it plus the owner had all the past history documented.

This one for closer to 6k is outrageous, "Hollywood" wouldn't budge a dime on the price either.

I will def pick a Scura or Cafe Sport in the future, but I wouldn't be player on this unless it was under 4k

• Like 1

I looked at this one too, the exhaust is scratched/dinted and they weren’t up for doing anything about it. They did seem desperate to sell it though so there could be some room to haggle. If it were me I’d spend more money and buy the Le Mans with 3 miles on it

• Like 1

I hit the link and an Eldorado appeared. But following the link and the pic on the post of a what appears to be a poorly painted Scura? Ok.

One thing we all gotta remember about an old Scura : That clutch and flywheel. If you're not ready to change that thing out you better run...lol

I got lucky with mine since the guy I bought mine from changed it out before it was going to decide to jailbreak itself out of the case.

And if this guy is a "meh" dealer???

It would be a great project at the right price.. Wonder the number and if it's in the registry..

• Like 1

. . . the V11 Sport Facebook group.

That's a thing? hmmm . . .

In Indy several years ago, we had a sweet vintage bike forum start up. A mini version of this forum. A Helpful forum. They linked it to facebook and the forum basically fizzled. Everyone went to facebook. Technical help and discussions were basically non existent. The content was dominated by local bike sellers. A shame.

When I talked to Jon "Hollywood" (who would trust buying a moto from a guy with that name!), I mentioned the single clutch issue and he basically said I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.  

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I was very displeased with this dealer/salesman and wouldn't buy so much as a pack of gum from them.

I always ask "who's lifetime does the warranty refer to?".