The 1 Moto Show 2018

swooshdave

Just got back from the show. I’ll share a couple pictures and then a video later. Got to talk to Craig Rodsmith again. Plus his video guy was there so that was really good. Some folks from Piaggio were there but I didn’t have a chance to talk to them. They were suppose to meet with the local Guzzi club at some point. I had the youngest kid with me so I was pretty limited. Still got to see most of the bikes and friends.

417c29b6f17f836840aa99fc86a52eae.jpg

3db33c0324ad257f91c74a01b7ea8f30.jpg

31d546ddbf4042541b8ec3e6ac8b2b42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is your kid looking at the wristwatch, there, doing the , "Are done yet, dad?"

He got a wristband and was very excited. He lasted from 9-11:30 which was pretty good. We got to see most of the bikes.

• Like 1

looks like a first class show. wish it traveled. thanks Dave

They have these things called... airplanes. You can go to the show...  :whistle:

If one video is good then two is better. This one is from my buddy Mike. If you look carefully you should see me in a couple shots. https://youtu.be/UBsPmKKo1I8

I spent a bunch of time trying to get good shots of the green bike, both Friday evening and Saturday. I'd seen the Untitled "Supernaturale" build previously—it won "design & style" at the Quail last year, although I have some philosophical issues with the placement of the "grab rail" or whatever that nonsense is midway through the seat. 

I am still going through my shots (I have something like 70 GB of photos from the show and the 1 Pro races last night) but here's an unedited full side shot of that bike. 

One-Show-2018-Friday-Night-246.jpg

Moto Guzzi's collaboration with Untitled, the Fat Tracker, was at the One as well. I didn't take any shots of it, but here's a rough one from IMS Long Beach. 

IMS-Long-Beach-Nov17-41.jpg

Untitled's builds are often a little too brutalist (or something) too my eyes, but they've been getting a lot of attention, partly because of factory collaborations like the Fat Tracker, and a recent, similarly ouch-y Ducati build.

• Like 2

I spent a bunch of time trying to get good shots of the green bike, both Friday evening and Saturday. I'd seen the Untitled "Supernaturale" build previously—it won "design & style" at the Quail last year, although I have some philosophical issues with the placement of the "grab rail" or whatever that nonsense is midway through the seat. 

I am still going through my shots (I have something like 70 GB of photos from the show and the 1 Pro races last night) but here's an unedited full side shot of that bike. 

Moto Guzzi's collaboration with Untitled, the Fat Tracker, was at the One as well. I didn't take any shots of it, but here's a rough one from IMS Long Beach. 

Untitled's builds are often a little too brutalist (or something) too my eyes, but they've been getting a lot of attention, partly because of factory collaborations like the Fat Tracker, and a recent, similarly ouch-y Ducati build.

Supernaturale was super clean. I could live with the "grab rail".

Flat Tracker was ok.

The other flat tracker Guzzi was more tasty.

I'm not really interested in motorcycles as "ART". If it cant realistically fulfill its objective with excellence and focus on the road or track ( depending on what its designed for) then its like building an aeroplane that looks beautiful but doesnt fly. Pointless.

Ciao

Examples of bikes that fulfill the criterior....MV Agusta 1000 2003, Ducati 750 ss 1974, Guzzi MK1 lemans, Ducati Panagale, Britten V1000, Factory Harley XR750 flattracker, Jawa Speedway bikes, to name but a few.

• Like 2

I’m ok with both. I also don’t get my feathers ruffled when people just collect bikes. Sure they were meant to be ridden but there’s also a benefit to preservation. And so if some bikes are built as art pieces and bring more people into the motorcycle world, all the better.

• Like 2