"Recent": adding a scroll mode to the newest input you have not yet read? request;

p6x

@Admin Jaap

I don't know how the other members of this forum consume it; maybe we should do a poll on this.

Personally, I use the main page listing all the forum topics, and I try to find what I have missed by using the "Recent" window. However, the "Recent" window only keeps track of the five last entries.

So I don't know if I have read all the new entries. Not that I need too, but in case someone asks something in an old thread, and does not use the "at" sign to my moniker.

If you could ask the developer to make the "Recent" window to have a scroll mode, you would be able to find out which posts you have read from those you have not. Unread = Bold.

I don't know if it is a feature that would be useful for all the contributors, we would have to ask. But I know that I sometimes miss replies to me if the user has not used the "@" or "Quote".

• Like 2

• p6x changed the title to "Recent": adding a scroll mode to the newest input you have not yet read? request;

There is a choice on the banner of Unread Content...you can click on that and it will bring up all the threads which you have not read yet, or any new responses to threads you have read up to that point.  That's what I do...just click there, and it brings up all new threads I have not read yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

BTW, once you’ve opened the “Unread Content” page, which you can find the link for both at the top and bottom of any page within the forum, clicking on the blue dot preceding the thread title will take you directly to the unread content within that thread. Very useful for those multi page threads.

It took me a while to figure that one out! ;)

Buongiorno a tutti!

• Thanks 3

One thing I would like to see, is the option of marking the topics of one’s interest as favorites and kept in an ad-hoc personal folder for future reference. It would be convenient to be able to quickly access those topics containing info and links that one finds valuable without doing an all out forum search.

• Thanks 1

• docc featured and unfeatured this topic

There is also the option to follow a topic.

I think my issue is that I am on other forums, for a longer time than I have been on this one which I started one year+ ago; I have developed some bad habits of using forums;

I am guessing that it is always difficult to teach new tricks to an old dog?

• Like 1

I think I have relied too much on "likes" or "quotes" or "@" to reply or follow some topics.

I just need to find a routine to consume this particular forum.