Driveshaft/Gearbox

cash1000

RM lives all but a bit roughly :). I had to remove rod between fuel injection units to remove gearbox. I'm thinking these need synconising. I know someone who has the tool to do it.  Went with the 12.7mm fuel line. I know Repco have a reel of 12mm selling for $1,500 which is a bit much qty & $. Will ask & see what they can do

• Like 1

That 1/2" fuel line ought to slip right on and a good hose clamp take up that extra 0.028" . . .

Back on the road and time for a "Decent Tune-up!" :luigi:  :race::drink:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, docc said:

That 1/2" fuel line ought to slip right on and a good hose clamp take up that extra 0.028" . . .

Back on the road and time for a "Decent Tune-up!" :luigi:  :race::drink:

Good idea

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:36 PM, MartyNZ said:

I have a manometer I could loan, but I'm out on Stewart Island for 2 weeks. 

I would love to go there. Thank's MartyNZ. I will see how I go with Docs Tune up list. 

• Like 1

Took Bosch spark plugs out.

They looking very dark 

Replaced them with NGK's BPR6ES's.

Running a bit better but still needs use of choke & throttle to idle. (not good) 

What would cause it to run so lean. Something changed during reassembly?

This is weird for a bike that was running well before gearbox problem.

Also has an oil leak from rear left hand side of gearbox. As in its dripping on to exhaust under g/b. Was gearbox sealed properly or is leak from elsewhere. I will replace g/b oil to check I've filled with correct amount. If overfull it could be being spat out.

4 hours ago, cash1000 said:

Took Bosch spark plugs out.

They looking very dark 

What would cause it to run so lean.

If the plugs are that dark, I wouldn't conclude that it is running lean. :huh2:

• Like 1

And the breather hose is good ?  Bolts on gearbox tight ? Yes had it happened on my Rosso Corsa.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2

hate to annoy but 99.99% of the time, it's the hose. It can 'look' fine but at the rear where it attaches and just above the clamp, there could be deterioration only visible with close inspection, ie: move it around a bit.

• Like 1

Thanks. Good thinking. Will double check tonight. Got tank, seat & airbox off so will be easy to check. But in short time engine was running level in g/b sight glass when from full to bottom of glass. Smell of g/b fluid was strong to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

At last RM is back in 1 piece and running :). What a saga. From trying to fit gearbox with clutch plate the wrong way around (Cases don't meet by about 5mm); Not being able to bleed clutch due to screw on lever being wound in to far; Waiting for Clutch master kit to arrive (That in end I didn't need); Gearbox leaking due to water in box after I washed it prior to painting (Gearbox came out again to get joints resealed). Taking gearbox out again to get screws holding slave cylinder removed after they jammed. Learnt heap's. Many thanks for everybody's help. 

• Like 5