Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid 2023 Tennessee USA

docc

On 9/22/2023 at 9:32 PM, Bill Hagan said:

In Kentucky on Mutton Run.

if someone else doesn’t chime in before I get home, I’ll try.

Bill

Got back last night ...

i-FCF8TS2-L.jpg

Now, I'm too busy ... :drink:

i-F6GcFPN-L.jpg

Bill

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/11/2023 at 11:26 PM, docc said:

Our very own, personal, Carabinieri . . .

IMG_0794.jpg

I wonder if I'm the only one here that's been pulled over by the carabinieri? Maybe not but I bet I'm the only one that's run into the back of a Carabinieri 4WD full of them. Once they found out I was an Aussie and not a German like the Rego plates on my BMW indicated they didn't give a rats arse and were on their way again.

Phil

• Haha 3

I've actually been stopped by them another time . This occasion in a French registered Renault Megane somewhere in Italy, Florence maybe, cant remember now. Not stopping for a pedestrian at a pedestrian crossing. The pedestrian was half way across the opposite side of the road and hadn't actually reached the middle of the road and my side of the street so as all Italians do I kept going. Italians don't stop at a crossing for pedestrians until they are about to cross your side of the road. The Carabinieri stopped me, thinking I was a French tourist, saw the Aussie passport and waved me away. The Aussie passport, ticket to do anything at the time. Oh and NOT being French or German.

My wife spoke Italian which also helped.

Phil

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I've actually been stopped by them another time . This occasion in a French registered Renault Megane somewhere in Italy, Florence maybe, cant remember now. Not stopping for a pedestrian at a pedestrian crossing. The pedestrian was half way across the opposite side of the road and hadn't actually reached the middle of the road and my side of the street so as all Italians do I kept going. Italians don't stop at a crossing for pedestrians until they are about to cross your side of the road. The Carabinieri stopped me, thinking I was a French tourist, saw the Aussie passport and waved me away. The Aussie passport, ticket to do anything at the time. Oh and NOT being French or German.

My wife spoke Italian which also helped.

Phil

Note to Self: Find some way to get an Australian passport.  :bike:

Bill

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

Might work for you but apparently it doesn’t count if you’re French!

I’m out of luck... :wacko:

Ditto for me, I assure you! ;)

Passport helps, but petrolhead and 25 year old with diplomatic passport in the US. How many pullovers ?  Wish l had it here.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings from the top of Virginia

This is a belated slideshow story of the South’n Spine Raid 19.  Real life gets in the way of all the things I really want to do, so it took awhile to get these done.

As attendees know, I rode my new Moto Guzzi V85 to Tennessee almost entirely on backroads; Kathi -- my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess!  -- “slabbed" it in our newer Fit.  It’s nice to have a “support vehicle” on motorcycle trips.  :wub:

As with the last several years, the SSR is on the first weekend after Labor Day, and is held, as all who have followed this thread know, at the The Lodge at Tellico in Tellico Plains, Tennessee.  

We return there again and again because we cannot imagine a better venue than the Lodge, or more convivial and supportive hosts than innkeepers Bryan and Catherine.

As I said in my previous and similar slideshows sets, e.g., Mutton Runs, "of course there are too many photos."  What's your point?  :grin:

I took over 300, so these mere — no, telling you now would spoil the surprise  — should be easy.

The link opens in “landscape collage” format, so you can see all at a glance without slogging through one by one unless you want to do that.

Hover your curser over any pic to see the caption.

The pix?  Here: SSR 19 2023

[NOTE - This additional info is for the two or three of you who actually open the full pix and watch the slideshow. 😉  For maddening reasons I do not completely understand, the captions “disappear” if one enlarges the pix and goes through them. On “pure” slideshow, i.e., automatic switching to next slide, the captions continue to appear, but the pace is quick. Keeping the cursor in the “caption area” seems to help if going through manually. As I said, maddening. If anyone knows the trick to make it more seamless, please tell me.]

Ciao!

Bill

P.S.  If anyone pictured has an objection to any photo or caption, please tell me.  Naturally, I’ll laugh and laugh … erm … I mean I’ll do something about it.    :P

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1