Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

@FreyZI

I can sympathize with your Kangol Cap obsession, as I have mine with the traditional Beret. We don't call them French, but Beret Basque, that region in the Pyrenees between Spain and France. 

If you follow the link above, you will find that the Béret was adopted by numerous military bodies around the world.

When it comes to Béret, there is one manufacturer that stands out: Laulhère. When I was in the army, battle tanks, all the bérets were from them.

Obviously, the Béret is now made everywhere, and you can purchase knockoffs of the Laulhère everywhere.

The traditional Béret used to be made of Mérinos wool. But the fashion has modified that.

Your message gave me an idea....

I am going to contact Laulhère to see if they could produce a Béret with the Moto Guzzi emblem the V cylinders eagle stamped directly embroidered.

Edit: I found out there are only three French manufacturers of traditional Bérets in France, from more than 30 that existed a few decades ago. Most of the Bérets are now made in China or India for a much cheaper price. Obviously, the materials used may not be as qualitative. The other two Bérets entities have actually been spawn from Laulhère, workers who left to start their own companies. One of those companies propose customization from the get-go. I am going to make my own Moto Guzzi Béret. That's independently of the patches which I am about to order.

Not my intention to make everyone wear a Béret though.... the patch should be sufficient for those of us that are partial to their baseball caps, or cowboy hats.... :rolleyes:

I already have a company based in Colorado which I have selected and got a quotation from. But I may take you on for making shirts or T-shirts.

But first, let's see how the patches are going to find traction.

• Like 2

I placed the order for the 50 patches this morning, April 2nd, 2024.

• Like 4

Maybe too little, too late, but I've been in touch with my aunt.  They would have done patches, and it seems they could do plenty of other things, too.  Not sure if I'm allowed to do this here, but I'll act first and beg forgiveness later: the outfit my aunt and uncle run can be contacted at stitchedcrafts [the Arabic number for MMX] [the symbol that kinda looks like an "a" with a circle] [Google's email service brand name] [the terminal punctuation somewhere known as hard stop] com -- no spaces.  Let's see the programmers and AI figure that out!  Just the two of them running a fancy embroidery machine out of their house -- not a big, bad company -- so presumably they will handle smaller orders and deal with customers personally.  And, as noted, they are motorcycle people, so they'll appreciate what you're in to.

Edited by FreyZI
Oopsies
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@docc maybe you could edit that contact info such that the @ is replaced by something else. The nasty bots in the interweb go looking for that, and we don't want Frey's Auntie to be suddenly getting a lot of e-mails recommending dubious services. B)

2 minutes ago, audiomick said:

@docc maybe you could edit that contact info such that the @ is replaced by something else. The nasty bots in the interweb go looking for that, and we don't want Frey's Auntie to be suddenly getting a lot of e-mails recommending dubious services. B)

Not a bad idea. Unfortunately, the bots also can read through all the silly alterations we insert thinking we are so clever to throw them off.  A software engineer I know once said, "You think we can't figure that out?"

So, let's bounce this back to @FreyZI to edit that address in his post as he sees fit . . .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docc said:

So, let's bounce this back to @FreyZI to edit that address in his post as he sees fit . .

Edited to confuse bots and otherwise create a nuisance for anybody who might benefit from the contact info.  Begging forgiveness.

21 hours ago, FreyZI said:

Maybe too little, too late, but I've been in touch with my aunt.  They would have done patches, and it seems they could do plenty of other things, too.  Not sure if I'm allowed to do this here, but I'll act first and beg forgiveness later: the outfit my aunt and uncle run can be contacted at stitchedcrafts [the Arabic number for MMX] [the symbol that kinda looks like an "a" with a circle] [Google's email service brand name] [the terminal punctuation somewhere known as hard stop] com -- no spaces.  Let's see the programmers and AI figure that out!  Just the two of them running a fancy embroidery machine out of their house -- not a big, bad company -- so presumably they will handle smaller orders and deal with customers personally.  And, as noted, they are motorcycle people, so they'll appreciate what you're in to.

As you correctly figured, I already was in the closing stages with the Colorado based company which I decided to entrust to manufacture our precious patches.

I am certain all those patch companies use the same machinery, computer driven, to simply embroider woven patches. The major difference between them, is their ability to help you design the patch. In our case, we did not have to use the services of an artist or a designer. We supplied our own design, in a format their computer driven machine could directly use.

The patches will be sent at the end of this month, around the 29th.

50 patches should go easy, given the theoretical number of forum participants.

Then I will start looking at stickers, and I will get my Béret in Merinos wool with a Moto Guzzi emblem directly embroidered, not a patch.

Finally, I will look at making a leather vest representative of our obsession with the Moto Guzzi brand, or the V11, whichever if any.

My past involves the military, and being in the oil business. I always wore a uniform of sorts, with a béret or a hard hat.

I guess this is why I continue to wear outfits...:lol:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, p6x said:

and I will get my Béret in Merinos wool with a Moto Guzzi emblem directly embroidered, not a patch.

That beret is going to be sweet.  Please share pics when done.  Not sure I can pull off a beret, though.

FWIW, I'm also partial to the "Motha of all V11 forums" line, for folks considering designing stickers, Ts, etc.