Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

10 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

For my likes it’s too busy. I’d lose the motha of all bit and find a different font for the V11, maybe more like the Lemans font. But that’s just me. I’d do it like this but with your script not with my handwriting.F68CA560-97ED-4EAE-BA50-EA05C7B75046.jpeg Clean and simple

The "Motha of all Forums" was a suggestion, I can try to distribute the words so it does not crowd a single spot.

Unfortunately, the Le Mans is traced from the one on our bikes. However I have a V that should looks better than a typical all caps font.

10 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Or maybe even make the engine red too instead of white. . ? I may be over thinking it and if you like what you have I’d be proud to wear it on my jacket. I’ll buy whatever you settle on.

I do still vote for the shield over the oval.

You mean all the engine red? the outline? the cooling fins?

I was trying to keep the engine grey against the black background, since we are going to have all the inscriptions in red.

As for the patch form, it is easy to make it shield, oval, circle. I can also make the top straight instead of pointy.

Once we get the inside design together.

8 hours ago, footgoose said:

like you said, tough to find consensus. With what you've shown, I lean oval. Shield doesn't make a connection to MG for me.

"forum" isn't necessary if .com is used. 

I'd opt for any factory script/font

Love that you're doing it, whatever you end up with.

I was anticipating there would be different opinions, this is welcome actually. We will eventually get it.

I will put the design on several formats then we will decide what we want to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Weel… well done but to me those empty exhaust ports denote empty ‘dead’ eye sockets 💀

Including exhaust pipes suggest exiting exhaust gases of an ‘alive’ Guzzi big block

…don’t mind my 2c

Drawing the exhaust pipes is challenging in terms of application use. I have a very limited knowledge on how to use it; I am certain it can be done. I will give it a shot just to see how it looks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

F98E6B05-CB01-4E83-9F67-AD48FC62A57B.jpeg

Here’s a faded old tee as an example…

It’s my favourite because it presents the Guzzi big block in the side view perspective I’m most familiar with when ogling my own bike

Pretty sure I clocked this at the Stafford Classic Bike Show 🇬🇧

Love to simply find a similar V11 example… (maybe we should start a show off ya favourite tee’s!)

I have some photos of the V11 block from the side, but I liked the face view, when you see the two cylinders that symbolize the V.

Besides, I wonder how such a detailed representation would look on an embroidery...

18 hours ago, p6x said:

I can also make the top straight instead of pointy.

Ok, so I don’t care much for patches but I do have a bit of a stickers fétichisme... so I’ll jump in. 

I think the top of the shield would look better with a slight upward curve to give it a more modern look than the traditional pointy shield - somewhat combining shield and oval shape...

All the lettering - V11lemans.com - could be at the top, following the curve with the V of the engine tucked lower into the shield to follow its contour more closely.

The addition of the Italian flag colors could be interesting, either in the lettering, the border or the background... :2c:

Another variation on the same theme, incorporating suggestions received.

Do not look at the format, since I can make it anything we want. I used the oval this time, so you can decide what is the best.

I removed the text and draw the V and 11 in a curvy way to match the Le Mans.

Next will be to add the collectors on the front of the engine. This is going to be a little bit more challenging for me.

I could add the Italian flag. I can make the patch border larger and orange.

@Speedfrog stickers are going to be a lot more economical than a patch; however my experience is that they wear out quickly if exposed to weather or sun. I like the durability of a embroidery.

I can easily make a less pointy shield.

V11 block fond noir oval patch

V11 block shield vr2 plus italian flag

• Like 3

Nicely done, @p6x! I like the oval very much.  also liked the V11 font you used for the very first examples (and think it would fit this space well).

Perhaps the only addition : ".com" in a very small font below the sump . . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

I quite like the oval one. :)

I do too;

I think I will add the collectors to the exhaust ports and will leave it at that.

I could put a ".com" at the bottom to better identify the forum.

• Like 2

Just my opinion. Like the heart shape on the V.. not too jazzed about the 11 & .com size/font or the flag.

I still think it should be just V11Lemans on top and .com on bottom and that’s all.. less is more.. but only my thoughts so take it in a small dose.

2 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Just my opinion. Like the heart shape on the V.. not too jazzed about the 11 & .com size/font or the flag.

I still think it should be just V11Lemans on top and .com on bottom and that’s all.. less is more.. but only my thoughts so take it in a small dose.

Would you like cursive for both the 11 and the .com?

3 hours ago, footgoose said:

any way to get the flag into the oval?

Everything is possible. It just depends on how large we want the patch to be, or how small we want the flag to be.

Where would you see it located? side of the engine seems to be where there is space.