Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

Keeps getting better! (I could live without the TriColore for simplicity and to shrink the size. Perhaps move the ".com" script below the sump in place of the flag?52721886327_6edea5bf92_c.jpg

I am reluctant to complicate this effort, yet, I would leave the ".com" on the timing chest if only to obscure the ugly "spigot" that is not representative of the V11 wide sump motor. I looked for clip art of our wide sump motor, but only found this (still not "our" motor, but beautiful!) . . .

th?id=OIP.TpMvWgHOj4-7GVdrAuI6gwHaHC%26p

https://clipground.com/moto-guzzi-clipart.html

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, p6x said:

Where would you see it located?

The entire oval background is the flag. motor remains the same. Border and script change to that dark blue you have as background now. or border blue, script dark silver/gunmetal. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, docc said:

Keeps getting better! (I could live without the TriColore for simplicity and to shrink the size. Perhaps move the ".com" script below the sump in place of the flag?52721886327_6edea5bf92_c.jpg

I am reluctant to complicate this effort, yet, I would leave the ".com" on the timing chest if only to obscure the ugly "spigot" that is not representative of the V11 wide sump motor. I looked for clip art of our wide sump motor, but only found this (still not "our" motor, but beautiful!) . . .

th?id=OIP.TpMvWgHOj4-7GVdrAuI6gwHaHC%26p

https://clipground.com/moto-guzzi-clipart.html

I had seen this one, but I discarded it because it was not the V11's generation engine.

I can try it to see how it looks; at the same time, I am still planning to draw the collectors on the existing design.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

...I could live without the TriColore for simplicity and to shrink the size. Perhaps move the ".com" script below the sump in place of the flag?

My thoughts exactly. I also like the cursiv font .com in that post, and would leave the .com lower case.

And oval. I personally don't like the shield form at all. I don't find it attractive, it wakes associations with police and military that I don't want (yes, I know, that is very, very subjective and personal...) and doesn't make any reference to any Guzzi logo that I have ever seen.

The oval does have a vague "Guzzi" reference, apart from that it is neutral. I also find it optically more pleasing, less cluttered. :huh2:

@docc regarding the spigot: I would simply remove the spigot in the graphics program. In a white-on-black line drawing, that should be easy. :)

I'm personally not familiar enough (yet) with the various big block generations to even notice that the drawing is not exactly a V11 Motor. I can, however, fully understand wanting such details to be right. That is like "what is the microphone actually pointing at". :grin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Circular vs Shield votes both at 28.57%  Is that a quorum to make both shapes? :sun:

I will upload all the variations so everyone will be able to pick the format they prefer.

I am hopeful that we can agree on a single design though, in order to get it manufactured at the best cost. If the elected choice is not the one you want, you will still be able to get your own.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

My thoughts exactly. I also like the cursiv font .com in that post, and would leave the .com lower case.

And oval. I personally don't like the shield form at all. I don't find it attractive, it wakes associations with police and military that I don't want (yes, I know, that is very, very subjective and personal...) and doesn't make any reference to any Guzzi logo that I have ever seen.

The oval does have a vague "Guzzi" reference, apart from that it is neutral. I also find it optically more pleasing, less cluttered. :huh2:

@docc regarding the spigot: I would simply remove the spigot in the graphics program. In a white-on-black line drawing, that should be easy. :)

I'm personally not familiar enough (yet) with the various big block generations to even notice that the drawing is not exactly a V11 Motor. I can, however, fully understand wanting such details to be right. That is like "what is the microphone actually pointing at". :grin:

I have covered the "spigot" several times, but since I use the same main design over and over, it keeps coming back.

I should have saved each iteration as its own file instead of using the one. I have so many layers which I did not rename that it makes intervention more cumbersome. To my defense, I was not expecting that we would have so many changes.

We could make an exact copy of the V11 engine though. It just takes a photo, and tracing. But it is a big job and possibly exceeding my basic skill set.

• Like 2

I have not worked on the patch since my last post;

The Houston Livestock and Rodeo show attendance, preparation for an excursion to New Mexico... Santa Fe and the White Sands National Park required my focus elsewhere.

I shall resume on the patch design when I return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am back!

I will update the design next week. Now I have to contend with the Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas too.... lol...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have not yet returned to the drawing board, but something has struck me.

I think we should use the Logo from the Bicilindrica Magazine, it really looks awesome. I just have to trace it...

Patch logo Ideal

36 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I would be inclined to ask them first. :huh2:

Yes, I would. By correctness. Although there is no TM, so in theory... but I will ask.