Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

Prefer the shield.

really like the font of the Lemans. 
what if you used that script with the V11 included all on one line along the top (where you have forum)

and the word forum on the bottom? Not crazy about the font of “forum” 

suggest Britannia BOLD or IMPACT

19 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Prefer the shield.

really like the font of the Lemans. 
what if you used that script with the V11 included all on one line along the top (where you have forum)

and the word forum on the bottom? Not crazy about the font of “forum” 

suggest Britannia BOLD or IMPACT

Le Mans is a reproduction of the inscription on my V11; I traced it from a photo I took.. I am thinking of doing something similar for the "V11" word, unless I integrated it with Forum. Draw it, and trace it.

If I knew what the fonts were for Moto Guzzi, I would use those instead. The Fonts are like a haystack where you can easily get lost. I have searched Google fonts, Defont, but I have not found what I am looking for.

I am searching other forums to find out. I remember a conversation on one of the European forum, not sure which, where someone shared that information, but I am having a hard time find it again.

11 hours ago, docc said:

The first Moto Guzzi oval I can find is the 1995 SpineFrame Centauro, of Marabese Design . . .

th?id=OIP.rSnWN-jOyPz8GJYnvhoSpQHaE7%26p

There are many Ovals available in jpeg format. I did not find any in SVG (scalable vector graphic).

What I can do, is to make my own Oval with Moto Guzzi and the Eagle from a photo. Tracing is time consuming, so I will only do it if it looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using the Moto Guzzi official logo instead of the inscription on both circular and shield forms; I did it the easy way; captured a jpeg, made the background transparent and placed it on the existing design.

We could leave out V11, but I prefer with it to differentiate from previous Le Mans issues, and of course, because the patch is meant to reflect you are a member of the highly distinguished and sought after V11 Forum representative.

I am going to work on V11 next. The easy way is to use text to do it. But I will try a couple of variations.

Let me know if you think the oval should be smaller. Keep in mind that on a small patch it may become difficult to read, unless you know already about Moto Guzzi.

V11 block fond noir vr02V11 block fond noir shield

• Like 1

Won’t you be infringing on their rights to that logo? I think just the eagle and forget the Moto Guzzi part. Leave it for the wearer to explain to the un knowing public what a Lemans is.

or put the V11 in the center where the oval is now.

aesthetically I don’t think the oval looks right over the circular area.

28 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Won’t you be infringing on their rights to that logo? I think just the eagle and forget the Moto Guzzi part. Leave it for the wearer to explain to the un knowing public what a Lemans is.

or put the V11 in the center where the oval is now.

aesthetically I don’t think the oval looks right over the circular area.

This is not a commercial product to be sold in the name of Moto Guzzi. Piaggio is not going to come after an individual designing a patch for a not for profit entity.

I tend to agree with you re the oval in the middle of circular geometry.

Keeps getting better! I like the eagle!

Looking forward to how you place "V11" at the top.

(I would still be more fond of an oval than the shield.)

The word "forum" seems odd to me, yet a small ".com" at the very bottom would be à propos . . .

• Like 1

Ok; Let me know if this one is acceptable. I will make it both shield and circular;

I want to trace a V11 to make it special. I have a drawn design which I need to trace, but I drank two bottles of Soju tonight.

V11 motha of all forums shield vr4

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For my likes it’s too busy. I’d lose the motha of all bit and find a different font for the V11, maybe more like the Lemans font. But that’s just me. I’d do it like this but with your script not with my handwriting.F68CA560-97ED-4EAE-BA50-EA05C7B75046.jpeg Clean and simple

Or maybe even make the engine red too instead of white. . ? I may be over thinking it and if you like what you have I’d be proud to wear it on my jacket. I’ll buy whatever you settle on.

I do still vote for the shield over the oval.

like you said, tough to find consensus. With what you've shown, I lean oval. Shield doesn't make a connection to MG for me.

"forum" isn't necessary if .com is used. 

I'd opt for any factory script/font

Love that you're doing it, whatever you end up with.

• Like 1

Weel… well done but to me those empty exhaust ports denote empty ‘dead’ eye sockets 💀

Including exhaust pipes suggest exiting exhaust gases of an ‘alive’ Guzzi big block

…don’t mind my 2c

F98E6B05-CB01-4E83-9F67-AD48FC62A57B.jpeg

Here’s a faded old tee as an example…

It’s my favourite because it presents the Guzzi big block in the side view perspective I’m most familiar with when ogling my own bike

Pretty sure I clocked this at the Stafford Classic Bike Show 🇬🇧

Love to simply find a similar V11 example… (maybe we should start a show off ya favourite tee’s!)

• Like 1