4 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Everyone seems to think he is headed to Honda and Puig is out. Could be. I imagine Mir would be happy to see that. Yamaha could also use the help. And Yamaha might be a better place for him, more like Suzuki was.

It seems he left early after being pushed out of his original role with the F1 team.

17 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Everyone seems to think he is headed to Honda and Puig is out. Could be. I imagine Mir would be happy to see that. Yamaha could also use the help. And Yamaha might be a better place for him, more like Suzuki was.

It seems he left early after being pushed out of his original role with the F1 team.

Rumor has it, that Valentino Rossi only accepted to have his half brother move to Honda, because he knew Davide Brivio was going to replace Alberto Puig.

I am not certain that managing an F1 team automatically makes managing a MotoGP team more efficient. It is like anything you do in life; once you stop doing it every day, you start to decay.

Turning your team upside down by changing all the elements at once is most likely a good recipe for failure. This is the reason most riders like to keep the key figures in their crew. Once you have established a way to work, you do not want to start from scratch with someone different. There are obviously some advantages in introducing a new system that has proven to work elsewhere. I heard that Davide' skills is to make the team feels like a family; e.g, this is what Joan Mir seemed to say.

In any case, Jorge Lorenzo has already predicted that Marc Marquez will win the 2024 World Championship. There is no more suspense.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, p6x said:

Rumor has it, that Valentino Rossi only accepted to have his half brother move to Honda, because he knew Davide Brivio was going to replace Alberto Puig.

I am not certain that managing an F1 team automatically makes managing a MotoGP team more efficient. It is like anything you do in life; once you stop doing it every day, you start to decay.

Turning your team upside down by changing all the elements at once is most likely a good recipe for failure. This is the reason most riders like to keep the key figures in their crew. Once you have established a way to work, you do not want to start from scratch with someone different. There are obviously some advantages in introducing a new system that has proven to work elsewhere. I heard that Davide' skills is to make the team feels like a family; e.g, this is what Joan Mir seemed to say.

In any case, Jorge Lorenzo has already predicted that Marc Marquez will win the 2024 World Championship. There is no more suspense.

Luckily I know better. I think it is likely that Marc will win a race or two, but I don't even see him as the favorite, much less a sure thing.

While it is good that Marc is on a better bike, I think the days of domination, and even the days of a small number of "aliens" who are head and shoulders above everyone else, are gone. There was a time when guys like Marc were at a different level then everyone else. I don't see a return to that.

Also, while Luca Marini may have been hoping Brivio was going to the factory Honda team, I don't really think what Rossi thought played a large factor in Luca's decision. If anything, Luca seemed to be trying to get out from the shadow of Rossi. Hence the move.

It is still speculation that Brivio is going to Honda. It may not happen. And him going to Honda is not what will solve their problems. Perhaps the biggest factor in solving Honda's woes will be all that money they aren't using to pay Marc Marquez's massive salary. Having that money to spend on development instead of giving it to Marc seems to already be paying off. Brivio is nowhere near joining Honda yet Mir is already saying that things are starting to go in the right direction, the latest bike they brought to the test is actually better then the previous bikes.

It would be funny to see Mir fighting with Marc next season....

1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

Luckily I know better. I think it is likely that Marc will win a race or two, but I don't even see him as the favorite, much less a sure thing.

While it is good that Marc is on a better bike, I think the days of domination, and even the days of a small number of "aliens" who are head and shoulders above everyone else, are gone. There was a time when guys like Marc were at a different level then everyone else. I don't see a return to that.

If Jorge was on this forum, he would contest that you know better (than him)...

Marc has/will ride Johann Zarco's GP23 Ducati. According to Gigi Dall'igna, it will not be the same spec'ed bike that Jorge Martin and Francesco Bagnaia rode until the final GP in Valence. Some of the latest adjustments failed to make the pass criterion. I think also the latest starting aid was deemed illegal?

That being said, we do not know what improvements the GP24 will sport, even if we got a hint they have improved on the engine.

If I only judge Marc's ability from what he managed to do with the 2023 Honda, I don't put him past him to be capable of winning the 24 world championship. Even if he is no longer in his prime, and the Ducati is not tailor-made to his specific way to drive.

We shall find out sooner than later...

1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

I don't really think what Rossi thought played a large factor in Luca's decision

I beg to differ;

Simply because of the Fabio DiGiannantonio case. He had been ruled out by Uccio, until Valentino overruled him on that decision.

There were also some rumor that VR46 will switch to Yamaha from Ducati in the future.

Again, this is all alleged. I compiled what I read on Marca, Motosprint, Moto.it, Motociclismo, GPmag; not necessarily from the horse's mouth, but this is what it is. By the way, it is interesting those specialized Motorcycle media keep reporting on Valentino Rossi's races on four wheels... same way we can still see VR46 paraphernalia at the races. I wonder if the spectators have realized that he is no longer racing on two wheels?

7 hours ago, p6x said:

I think that  might be an issue.   Puig runs a rival riding academy and brought up riders that were Rossi's rivals like Stoner and Pedrosa.   He ran the team for his arch enemy Marquez since '18. 

OTOH, Brivio ran Suzuki, that bike was considered one of the best for riders' confidence & feel.   Something that Honda needs.  Given Rossi guidance to his riders, I think his buy-in is important.  He's gotten Peco on the seat for two titles.  Certainly wants his half brother to succeed.  

So far MM#93, his next championship looks like a real possibility.  Should be interesting.  I won't be cheering for him but glad to see him contending.  

3 hours ago, p6x said:

If Jorge was on this forum, he would contest that you know better (than him)...

Marc has/will ride Johann Zarco's GP23 Ducati. According to Gigi Dall'igna, it will not be the same spec'ed bike that Jorge Martin and Francesco Bagnaia rode until the final GP in Valence. Some of the latest adjustments failed to make the pass criterion. I think also the latest starting aid was deemed illegal?

That being said, we do not know what improvements the GP24 will sport, even if we got a hint they have improved on the engine.

If I only judge Marc's ability from what he managed to do with the 2023 Honda, I don't put him past him to be capable of winning the 24 world championship. Even if he is no longer in his prime, and the Ducati is not tailor-made to his specific way to drive.

We shall find out sooner than later...

I thought Marc was getting one of the four '24 factory bikes?  Rossi is miffed that his team wasn't getting the 4th one.

Bagnia, Bastianini, Marquez, and Martin all on '24 bikes.

There are lots of people betting their home equity on #93.  I'm a little more skeptical but these guys are much more attuned to it than I am.  Looking at the testing, they very well may be right.  

@LowRyter

I am betting the house equity that MM93 will be more than winning a few GPs. Simply because he is running out of time, and he needs that last championship to equal Valentino Rossi's total titles number.

Gigi Dall'igna is the one who specified that MM93 would be riding Zarco's 23 bike in 24. That being said, Marquez also said that he was hopeful that if he managed to be in competition for the title in 24, his GP23 would be updated. Now he will not get the 24 engine.

In the meantime, we can all relax and wait to see what the non Marc Marquez are going to do; I am thinking about Pedro Acosta on the GasGas, Franco Morbidelli on the Pramac 2024 Ducati, Luca Marini on the Repsol Honda, with our without Davide Brivio.

Ducati broke all its statistic records in 2023.... two titles in a row, and a slew of others mind-blowing achievements including WSBK and SSP.

They have made several Panigale in limited series to commemorate the milestone.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/panigale/panigale-racing-and-world-champion-replica

If I had $68,000, I would purchase the Pramac Jorge Replica. I really like the purple color. I would not spend $73,000 on the Yellow Bagnaia. The only possible other one is the WSSP Bulega one, V2 in red at $43,000.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, LowRyter said:

I thought Marc was getting one of the four '24 factory bikes?  Rossi is miffed that his team wasn't getting the 4th one.

Bagnia, Bastianini, Marquez, and Martin all on '24 bikes.

There are lots of people betting their home equity on #93.  I'm a little more skeptical but these guys are much more attuned to it than I am.  Looking at the testing, they very well may be right.  

No. Marc Marquez is on the Gresini Ducati team, and they run last years bikes. The four factory bikes will be the same four bikes as this past year, the two factory bikes (Bagnia and Bastiani) and the two Pramac bikes (Martin and Morbidelli). The VR46 team and the Gresini team get last years four factory bikes. Gresini seems to get the two Pramac bikes (hence Marc getting Zarco's bike) and VR46 gets the two factory team ducati's.

Rossi did try to get an extra factory bike for next year. But that was flat out denied. That said, it doesn't seem to matter whether you are on this years Ducati or last years Ducati. Both seem capable. For sure, Marc Marquez is on a bike that could win the title. And it is possible he will win the title. But I doubt he will dominate like he used to. I could be wrong, but I don't see Marc being the dominating force he was back in the day.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

No. Marc Marquez is on the Gresini Ducati team, and they run last years bikes. The four factory bikes will be the same four bikes as this past year, the two factory bikes (Bagnia and Bastiani) and the two Pramac bikes (Martin and Morbidelli). The VR46 team and the Gresini team get last years four factory bikes. Gresini seems to get the two Pramac bikes (hence Marc getting Zarco's bike) and VR46 gets the two factory team ducati's.

Rossi did try to get an extra factory bike for next year. But that was flat out denied. That said, it doesn't seem to matter whether you are on this years Ducati or last years Ducati. Both seem capable. For sure, Marc Marquez is on a bike that could win the title. And it is possible he will win the title. But I doubt he will dominate like he used to. I could be wrong, but I don't see Marc being the dominating force he was back in the day.

that's not what I read.  

The four riders I listed were being allocated '24 bikes.  

4 hours ago, p6x said:

@LowRyter

snip------

They have made several Panigale in limited series to commemorate the milestone.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/panigale/panigale-racing-and-world-champion-replica

If I had $68,000, I would purchase the Pramac Jorge Replica. I really like the purple color. I would not spend $73,000 on the Yellow Bagnaia. The only possible other one is the WSSP Bulega one, V2 in red at $43,000.

I might get one of those to go bar hopping

• Haha 2