Coppa Italia side stand switch

bullionz

I can tell you that I couldn't find one.  My bike  is in the shop getting a few thing fixed and I was told they fixed the switch when they were replacing the kick stand.  IIRC something was bent.  He's had both my Guzzis forever, so i've lost count.  

Wouldn't it make sense to bypass that switch, so it is always "closed"?

I understand it is a safety feature, and I know we are not supposed to refer to the "old times", but my V11 is my first motorcycle equipped with this safety feature.

Would a check list help? in my industry, we did copy aviation check lists very early on to mitigate forgetting critical items that could cause a failure.

2 hours ago, p6x said:

Wouldn't it make sense to bypass that switch, so it is always "closed"?

That would make a certain amount of sense, but here it would also mean you (the bike) would fail the bi-annual roadworthy inspection. There has to be a switch, or a side-stand that folds itself up when the bike is stood up.

Shoei X11. Hmm, I believe that was the helmet I was wearing when I crashed in 2017. Mine looked pretty similar to the picture in that report. A couple of millimetres of material ground off on the chin piece almost exactly on the same place as his, and massive scratching on the visor. As the man wrote, a full-face helmet is the only way to go. :unsure:

• Like 1

Eldo Jon used to keep 3 full face helmets hanging in his shed with the chin bars ground down for anyone to admire that thinks a beanie helmet is fine. "You always land on your face, man.." :rasta:

• Like 2

There was a website rotten.com with awful gore and repulsive pics , One i remember was "nothing gets between me and my Harley . Everything on this man's face was missing from his nose to his neck. You could see his uvula and the edges of his jaw. I lloked like he had a stick of dynamite for a cigar & it exploded .  

Full-face helmet dor me for the rest of my life.