Wanted - Veglia Borletti Tachometer

samdroid

@docc

I wrote to Bicilindrica, "La Rivista dei Guzzisti".

They have access to people with the insider's knowledge.

I checked with a number of companies that repair Veglia Borletti instruments, but it is always related to cars, and as expected, they don't really have experience with this particular Moto Guzzi Tachometer, other than telling me to send it, pay the significant bench fee, and accept the outcome, whatever it would be.

I shall see if I can get a clear indication of what the problem is.

• Like 1

@p6xI don't know how much help it is to you, but the company that is most often recommended here is "Casa di Moto".

https://www.casadimoto.com/service/

I have not had to do with them (yet...), but I have read lots of positive comments and none which were negative. I have no idea if they speak English (or French...). :huh2:

20 minutes ago, audiomick said:

@p6xI don't know how much help it is to you, but the company that is most often recommended here is "Casa di Moto".

https://www.casadimoto.com/service/

I have not had to do with them (yet...), but I have read lots of positive comments and none which were negative. I have no idea if they speak English (or French...). :huh2:

Thanks!

I will get in touch with them to check if they actually know what issue affects the Moto Guzzi Veglia. It is like Stein-Dinse GmbH; they speak Italian, French, English, Spanish, Dutch...

A German company that named itself "Casa di Moto" may have some rudiment of English. Although, I am not taking anything for granted. I worked for Texaco in Germany in 1982.

The company representatives I did the job for only spoke German...

This was a stint job from my days based in The Netherlands, where everybody spoke your mother tongue better than you!

@audiomick Good information! many thanks!

Guys, we already have one confirmation from Germany:

As usual, the worse part of any overseas transaction is now the shipping. Both instruments look perfect visually. I am guessing that he will open the tachometer from the top, make the repair, and maybe clean it so it is going to look different from the speedometer.

Unless someone tells me the Speedometer fails too, I think I would pass on sending both instruments.

I am still going to check if a repair in the USA is possible.

Hello,

Yes, I am aware of the problem.

I have been working with Veglia instruments for many years.

The repair is routine for me.

It costs a flat rate of €145.

plus postage, unfortunately I can't say how much, but the WWW will know.

Note: if the tachometer is visually nice, the speedometer may also need to be refreshed. including technical profile axis. Cost max for both €290 + postage.

Payment is possible with Paypal and must be done in advance

Best regards from Germany

• Like 2

Word to the wise:  I would not use Buzz at Seattle Speedo. I sent him two '03. LM gauges, about 4 years ago.  He took forever to get them back.  They exhibited very poor workmanship once I got them back, cracked, dirty (inside!), didn't work.  I complained, he said send them back and he would correct.  He didn't, worse the 2nd time.  Its the only time I have ever felt like I got taken for ($$$) dealing with people/businesses on the internet.  Read his one star Google reviews, I wasn't the only one.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Tom in Virginia

Thanks for sharing!

I am going to go with Casa di Moto which seems to have a good reputation. Hopefully, USPS is not going to lose the package.

The UPS and FedEx prices are not making any sense...

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 7:55 PM, p6x said:

@Tom in Virginia

Thanks for sharing!

I am going to go with Casa di Moto which seems to have a good reputation. Hopefully, USPS is not going to lose the package.

The UPS and FedEx prices are not making any sense...

No problem.  Think I paid Buzz at Seattle $586, not cheap, and especially since they were junk/trash when I got them back the 2nd time.  I donated both gages to some guy in Canada for "an experiment" he wanted to try, rather than throw them in trash.  I bought new ones (ODO in KPH) from Stein Dinse (for fraction of repair bill, roughly 140 each)

• Like 3