Anyone have a good paint code for Tenni green?

KINDOY2

As a user of photo and designer's application, I use colors a lot. Each color is easily represented by HTML or HEX color codes.

I could easily upload a Tenni photo in my app. and get the color shown in the photo. But this is not the most accurate way.

Unfortunately, most paint makers do not provide the exact color code to the public. Of course not!

The color is always referenced to their own product catalogue.

Maybe the V100S Green is the same as the Tenni?

I am going to send them an email to verify if I can get a color code rather than a Lechler product reference.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Thanks but not really Tenni green...

The history of green Moto Guzzi reportedly dates to Ing. Carcano's racing management in the late '40s and '50s. It has been said that Carcano was so obsessed with weight that he forbade painting the race bikes. Metal was left in the raw state or primed, commonly with zinc chromate (which exhibits a more greenish-yellow, perhaps the 'reference" for the metallic "Legnano Green " applied to the  original Telaio Rosso V7 Sport of early to mid '70s and, later, at the introduction of the V11 Sport).

th?id=OIP.mJuYXpAN_kTEEimeEF325wHaEU%26p

th?id=OIP.2y3zgQA5-cI5r0V843vVcQHaE8%26p

th?id=OIP.3qT6eplI3Q5MUJIUUXyNzwHaE8%26p

What we commonly call "Tenni Green" is a luscious, rich satin spruce green (more blue-green than yellow-green) introduced on the 2002 V11 Tenni.

th?id=OIP._WyqwIYhQch5lEYyWmzH7AHaFi%26p

th?id=OIP.assBlEl520qiPyZUsTGyhwHaEK%26p

Since then, this rich, spruce green has been applied to Stelvio, Griso, Centenary Special Editions, and now the V100 Mandello (although that "Mandello Green" looks decidedly glossier) . . .

Perhaps it has become as enigmatic of "Guzzi" as our v-twin?

I wonder if it is only the V11 community that refers to this as "Tenni Green?"

th?id=OIP.FhoAi-L3bRB7tm5ezIHv8wHaKu%26p

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/25/2023 at 6:30 PM, audiomick said:

No, the term is also in use in the German forum. :)

Ha!

I would have thought Tenni Grün... but there again!

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, p6x said:

I am going to send them an email to verify if I can get a color code rather than a Lechler product reference.

No reply!

It seems those companies providing an email for inquiries are no longer monitoring them.