air filters

mikev

13 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here's a tip, anything made of rubber buy as spares when you can and treat them with preservative and a clip lock bag and store them away out of the light. Rubber parts are a PITA to replicate or find an alternative to. I have my stash.

Phil 

Ah, yeah, rubber preservative/restorative:

08798-9013_640x308.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here's a tip, anything made of rubber buy as spares when you can and treat them with preservative and a clip lock bag and store them away out of the light. Rubber parts are a PITA to replicate or find an alternative to. I have my stash.

Phil 

I haven't heard that term in a LOOOONG time !

4 hours ago, mikev said:

Thanks.  I ordered some parts.  Curious that the airbox seal isn't illustrated on the diagram.

Isn't that the #4 GU37114806 "hose?"

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 2.08.00 PM.png

5 minutes ago, docc said:

Isn't that the #4 GU37114806 "hose?"

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 2.08.00 PM.png

Pretty sure #4 is the adapter that connects #19 to the throttle body, not the part that connects it to the airbox.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Pretty sure #4 is the adapter that connects #19 to the throttle body, not the part that connects it to the airbox.

Ah, yes, definitely! I had not realized there is a separate "collar" to connect to the back of the throttle body. Thanks, @GuzziMoto! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, mikev said:

So the diagram has their positions reversed?  ok, well I got an extra pair of them I guess

Yep. The rubber sleeve that connects the trumpet to the TB is in the previous parts manual drawing.

Phil

Parts manuals. Here;s another version of the parts manual. Has anyone ever seen item 19 fitted on a Guzzi V11 Sport? It's not the part number for the clamp that connects the trumpet sleeve to the throttle body either. Parts manuals, they can be misleading sometimes. 

Screenshot 2023-12-02 081158.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

That clamp (#21) shouldn't be there, probably a remnant of earlier models... If you look at the drawing posted earlier, it's not there.

Welldone, @Speedfrog! Combining those two diagrams is tricky.

On the airbox diagram, it does appear my 2000 Sport has the #19 "trumpet" from the airbox to the back of the throttle body with #4 sealing the trumpet to the airbox. No #21 clamp.

Then, on the throttle body diagram, my Sport uses the #16 "collar" and clamp #15 to connect the airbox trumpet to the back of the throttle body.

[The #14 rubber intake to the #8 intake manifold in front of the throttle body is another matter, entirely.]

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

That clamp (#21) shouldn't be there, probably a remnant of earlier models... If you look at the drawing posted earlier, it's not there.

Problem with that theory is the 99-2000 parts manual shows no clamp and the 02-2007 I have shown has a clamp that's never been fitted to any model as far as I can see. So it's not an outdated carry over from a previous manual.

The original image posted may be an even later iteration or amendment to a mistake in the manual. This is why in the aviation world the parts manual was never allowed to be a legal reference for the assembly of aircraft components, it was a part number sourcing reference only. Never to be used to demonstrate assembly order. 

Phil

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Problem with that theory is the 99-2000 parts manual shows no clamp and the 02-2007 shown has a clamp thats never been fitted as far as I can see. So it's not an outdated carry over from a previous manual.

Not a "theory"  per se Phil, only a supposition... ;)

Admittedly, I didn't scour all the different versions of the parts catalog for the 1100 big block engine.