Interesting special

Admin Jaap

2 hours ago, Scud said:

Agreed that is an impressive and interesting project. At first glance, I liked the styling, but on closer look I don't care for the pairing of the angular, faceted tail section with flowing, organic fairing. Personally, for the expense and effort of this project, I'd prefer to have retained the original Sport and the original Griso (but with aftermarket exhaust).

Yeah, I am not a fan of combining that tail section with the rest of it. It is not how I would have done it. But then, it isn't mine. No doubt some would decry my using a V11 Sport tail section on a Daytona. But I like it and the V11 seat is a massive improvement in comfort for my sorry a$$.

Moto, running the 50mm throttlebodies without adequate filtration will kill them stone dead in next to no time. Believe me, after working with them for fifteen years I have a lot of experience in this. TB damage is one of the major Achilles heels of the 8V CARC bikes and the problem is, I'm certain, one of the reasons the Cali 14 went to a single throttlebody with plenum system.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pete roper said:

Moto, running the 50mm throttlebodies without adequate filtration will kill them stone dead in next to no time. Believe me, after working with them for fifteen years I have a lot of experience in this. TB damage is one of the major Achilles heels of the 8V CARC bikes and the problem is, I'm certain, one of the reasons the Cali 14 went to a single throttlebody with plenum system.

To be fair it looks like it's gone some miles already. On borrowed time no doubt.

Every mod a person does to their bike , is done because of their personal taste , We all have seen mods that look pathetic amd keep our mouth shut . Whew , the V11 is a bike that requires a lot of thinking before adding to / changing things . Little things make a big difference and members here can see changes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 1:57 AM, audiomick said:

@Admin Jaap it's about time we had that "scratching his head and thinking heavily" emoticon here...)

:) The bulk of the emojis are older than most of your Guzzis! When I find time I will update some of them, but the custom ones I made a long tome ago, I will keep of course

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

:) The bulk of the emojis are older than most of your Guzzis! When I find time I will update some of them, but the custom ones I made a long tome ago, I will keep of course

Best emoojis on the whole interwebs!  :thumbsup: :drink: :cheese: :nl:

• Like 2

I used to be active on the german Guzzi forums

16 hours ago, audiomick said:

That's interesting. I know at least three of them from other forums.

Jaap, I think you must be world famous. B)

I used to be active on several german Guzzi forums. Did you see them there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

I used to be active on the german Guzzi forums

I used to be active on several german Guzzi forums. Did you see them there?

I'm guessing Wild Guzzi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

german Guzzi forums. Did you see them there?

You're registered on 3 of the 4 German forums that I visit regularly, although the last visit on two of them was a very long time ago, and the third a couple of years.

The fourth one would have surprised me, as it is the one from Martin Hageman for the small block models.B)

So yes, I probably saw your emojis on one of the German forums. ;)

• Like 1