The Bikeriders movie (December 1st release in the USA)

Hollywood has always been out of touch with the 'common' folk in society, and their depictions of such have always missed the mark, especially if they have a bone to pick with the segment portrayed. I hope this is not the case and it's just a gangster movie - with motorcycles. This looks good and I certainly look forward to seeing it (when it's free) for the story, the set, and those gorgeous vintage Harley's. Hoping for some trick riding scenes, and no agenda.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, footgoose said:

Hollywood has always been out of touch with the 'common' folk in society, and their depictions of such have always missed the mark, especially if they have a bone to pick with the segment portrayed. I hope this is not the case and it's just a gangster movie - with motorcycles. This looks good and I certainly look forward to seeing it (when it's free) for the story, the set, and those gorgeous vintage Harley's. Hoping for some trick riding scenes, and no agenda.

I have read a little bit about it, and although we cannot really know until we see it.

It's inspired by a photography book from a guy named Danny Lyon. It follows the transformation of a motorcycle club over a decade.

I must admit that i kind of like the lead cast actor, Tom Hardy. I also liked Jodie Comer in the Villanelle show.

That will change me from Yellowstone or Longmire. I don't know if Texas has anything to do with it, but I am drawn to the cowboy way of life.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

Didn't look too closely at the trailer, but often these movie folks will put knuckehead and pan head lip stick on a modern retro bike so the stars and stunt studs can ride them more easily. They didn't call them "suicide shifts" for nothing!

According to an article I read about this movie, which has been seen at the Telluride festival, the actors had to take a riding course to be able to ride:

“These bikes are 50, 60 years old. They’re not precision instruments at this point. They are very difficult bikes to ride,”

I have personally ridden old bikes, albeit when I was in my teens, so about 50 years ago. Mostly British and French.

What I am certain, is that the movie will do what they normally do with vintage cars movie. The real vintage cars are for normal shots. If there is going to be stunts of falls, they will use modern bikes in disguise.

• Like 1