2014 Stelvio NTX

Speedfrog

6 hours ago, activpop said:

... Not sure though what the heat would do. ...

Bad for the rubber bits, I think. It sweats out the plasticisers. Think about what a newish car smells like on the inside when it has been standing in the sun all day. :huh2:

14 hours ago, activpop said:

After all, they get hot every time you ride, so maybe not a big issue. I like that orange!

Direct sunlight is what ages your rubbers... I don't know if you have them in Germany, but when I was a kid, on the French Riviera, you had these seniors who had taken too much sun during their lives, and looking like old oranges.

Speaking of oranges, I prefer the darker orange tint (if no red) of the later years, Sienna was it? the darker "Laterite" a better match with my taste.

8 hours ago, audiomick said:

Bad for the rubber bits, I think. It sweats out the plasticisers. Think about what a newish car smells like on the inside when it has been standing in the sun all day. :huh2:

Sunlight dulls your paint, makes your plastics brittle. If I leave my car open and under the sun, I can oven Brisket on the seats. I carry some seatBrella covers as a palliative for those moments.

2 hours ago, activpop said:

Beautiful bike with the hard luggage set, engine guard, driving lights, etc. - same as the Imlay one really, aside from the color - but I think $9,500 is too high a price for a seven year old bike with 12,000 miles on it, although that’s still low mileage for the the big block Guzzi and once you pay taxes and registration and maybe shipping if you have to, you’re way over 10 grand.

You’d probably still have to do some basic maintenance (refer to Pete’s earlier post) to make it as reliable as an anvil.

And a word of caution with Eurocycle, I never had to deal with them personally but I hear they tend to pile on hefty dealer’s fees on top of the sale price.