1993 Daytona 1000 on BaT with 8k miles...

fastaussie

9 hours ago, po18guy said:

Old guy owner. Bad wrists, knees and lower back. Just guessing....

Now a Tesla owner, for its autopilot capabilities, however limited to highways....

10 hours ago, fastaussie said:

Bid is 5,200 USD at this time, with 7 more days to go.

It will be interesting to see where it ends.

There is another Moto Guzzi Daytona on sale from Blue Moon Cycle that went down all the way to 12,000 USD, but they have again jacked up the price to 15,000 USD now. This is 1000 USD more than what thy started with, one year ago....

6 hours ago, p6x said:

Now a Tesla owner, for its autopilot capabilities, however limited to highways....

Tesla, at the very least, needs to install a "Guzzi Avoid" app. in their killer machines. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, p6x said:

Bid is 5,200 USD at this time, with 7 more days to go.

It will be interesting to see where it ends.

There is another Moto Guzzi Daytona on sale from Blue Moon Cycle that went down all the way to 12,000 USD, but they have again jacked up the price to 15,000 USD now. This is 1000 USD more than what thy started with, one year ago....

I tin it is interesting to see more and more SpineFrames on BaT. They are rather particular about what they list and an indicator of the "collector market" status of a machine . . .

19 minutes ago, docc said:

... the "collector market" status of a machine . . .

That is a point that is discussed regularly on the german forum, and which came up this evening at dinner with a couple of Guzzi owners here in Leipzig. One of the blokes I was with proposed that there is a "low point" about 25 years after the introduction of a vehicle on the market (assuming it has the potential to remain interesting over the years), after which the price goes up again, at least for a while.

The other side of the coin is, the type of person who collects motor vehicles seems to be becoming less common. The younger generation(s) doesn't (don't) seem to have the same interest in cars and bikes, and therefore has less interest in collecting the "dream of their youth" as they get older and more affluent. The older Guzzis seem to be, at least here, stagnating in value. There is a school of thought that says the prices are going to drop in the next years as more and more older owners of several machines sell their collections due to old age, or the bikes are sold by their heirs after they pass on. I think there is a lot of truth in that thought.

It will be interesting to see how the percieved value of the various V11 models develops over the next years. I tend to think that there will be a few, maybe very few, enthusiasts who are interested in them. On the other hand, I can see the possibility that the interest will wane as the generation that was young when they came out no longer can or will ride them. :huh2:

Having said that, there was a bloke at the Edersee Rally this year with a greenie. He was only about 30, and seemed to be quite rapt about his V11. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, audiomick said:

Having said that, there was a bloke at the Edersee Rally this year with a greenie. He was only about 30, and seemed to be quite rapt about his V11. :)

An oddball among oddballs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@audiomick

I think the only "collectable" Guzzi models are those that were issued in limited quantities, or were rare for other reasons, but there are so many other variables taken into consideration.

Let us take the Moto Guzzi Quota for example. There were never really successful, never produced in large quantity, and they sell for about 3k in the USA, for the 1100EV which I believe was the only one imported in the US for its last iteration.

The two exceptions I noted were the Daytona RS, numbered and limited. Of course, the Magni are sought after because of their rarity. There may also be a particular interest about certain vintage models. I once considered this one, but was eventually dissuaded: https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1997-moto-guzzi-daytona-rs/

I think we can safely say, our V11s are never going to get us rich.

An MV 750 America sold for $73,000

They currently have this Monza V50 for sale on eBay: https://raresportbikesforsale.com/category/moto-guzzi/

The bid is currently $2050.00 and the auction ends tomorrow; but the reserve has not been met. https://video.ebizautos.media/video/847/22155467/22155467-0_400.mp4

It is in Dallas Texas; If you buy it, I will drive it to you at no expense, door delivery! (in the continental US, and in 2024).

3 minutes ago, p6x said:

@audiomick

I think the only "collectable" Guzzi models are those that were issued in limited quantities, or were rare for other reasons, but there are so many other variables taken into consideration.

Let us take the Moto Guzzi Quota for example. There were never really successful, never produced in large quantity, and they sell for about 3k in the USA, for the 1100EV which I believe was the only one imported in the US for its last iteration.

The two exceptions I noted were the Daytona RS, numbered and limited. Of course, the Magni are sought after because of their rarity. There may also be a particular interest about certain vintage models. I once considered this one, but was eventually dissuaded: https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1997-moto-guzzi-daytona-rs/

I think we can safely say, our V11s are never going to get us rich.

I'm not sure any bike will make you rich....A Vincent might be worth $65k about what it would cost to restore and keep running. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I'm not sure any bike will make you rich....A Vincent might be worth $65k about what it would cost to restore and keep running. 

I edited the post to include the 750 MV America which sold for 73,000 USD. The motorcycle collector's market is very narrow.

When Giacomo Agostini passes, it will be interesting to find out what his estate will do with his own MV Agusta racing collection.

6 hours ago, p6x said:

When Giacomo Agostini passes, it will be interesting to find out what his estate will do with his own MV Agusta racing collection.

Hopefully donate it to an appropriate museum. :)

We own rider's bikes much more than collector's bikes. There is always the odd Daytona or even an MGS-01 sprinkled here and there for professional oglers. The rest of us enjoy that perfect road at the perfect time on what is, then and there, the perfect bike.

• Like 6

On 12/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, audiomick said:

Hopefully donate it to an appropriate museum. :)

He has one already:

https://primabergamo.it/viva-berghem/giacomo-agostini-un-suo-museo-via-quintino-alto-privato/

It is a B&B, run by his daughter.

Il museo Agostini è privato e può essere visitato a gruppi (8 persone minimo) su prenotazione, da effettuarsi presso Villa Vittoria Charme and Relax luxury bed & breakfast.
La struttura, gestita dalla figlia Vittoria, propone pacchetti che comprendono il pernottamento, la visita al museo e una cena in compagnia di Ago.
Per info e prenotazioni: 035.239209
info@villavittoriabergamo.it

Something I would be interested to do. But the minimum is 8 persons, including dinner with Giacomo Agostini.

So far the best YouTube video I found about him. It is not filmed by journalists, it is just a group of Italian admirers listening to him remembering.

Obviously, it is all in Italian, but some of it does need translation:

• Like 1