Report your 1st of January 2024 ride here / 1st 2024 ride works too...

15 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

First ride after new tires, new front disks, new timing gear set, new TPS, new phase sensor, new rear shock. A nice 21°C (70°F) day.

It ran really well for the first 4 km, then started misfiring badly below 3000rpm.

Those sound like similar symptoms,that my Lemans had on the first hard test ride,,,,,

The problem was tank suck,problem solved by changing my TB plumbing & cleaning the 2 vents/lines at the gas cap,,,

Fingers crossed that your problem is that easy to solve

fwiw fyi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

First ride after new tires, new front disks, new timing gear set, new TPS, new phase sensor, new rear shock. A nice 21°C (70°F) day.

It ran really well for the first 4 km, then started misfiring badly below 3000rpm.

Back home I changed the ECU BIN and looked for Guzzi Diag faults. It was still almost unrideable in slow traffic when it gets hot.

The LH snorkel fell off (see pic) but I don't think this is the problem. Exhaust leak perhaps? Check the TPS again? That's tomorrow's job.  

image.png

Looks sharp now. Smile inside the helmet, all sorted, WHAT!!  Was she running good full power ?  Another TPS check,   relay - base.  Measure rev sensor when hot.    Minor details Marty.   Like your discreet signal lights.  

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

Those sound like similar symptoms, that my Lemans had on the first hard test ride,,,,,

The problem was tank suck, problem solved by changing my TB plumbing & cleaning the 2 vents/lines at the gas cap,,,

Good suggestion, and is easy to check. The bike now has a Le Mans champagne tank on it that I have never used before, so some blockage is possible, although the misfire was only at low rpm.

9 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Looks sharp now. Smile inside the helmet, all sorted, WHAT!!  Was she running good full power ?  Another TPS check,   relay - base.  Measure rev sensor when hot.    Minor details Marty.   Like your discreet signal lights.  

Yes, a smile for the first few minutes. It was running really well at high power, but since I was still inside an urban 80 km/hr speed limit, high power was only for a few seconds. That angry howl above 6000 is balm for the soul. I will look at those components that you suggest this week.

The signal lights are "smoke" colour with amber LEDs inside. Lens P/N GU06753700 "Copetta Indic Direz Fume" is standard on a Griso 1200 8V and fits the original V11 lights. I was trying to reduce the number of different colours on the bike. 

image.png

• Like 3
On 1/1/2024 at 5:27 PM, footgoose said:

Scandinavian residences have entry doors opening outward. I take it that it is the norm? It seems to make more sense than inward, as is the norm for USA

I have never come across home doors opening outward, and I have been living in a lot of places around the world.

It makes sense to have an outward opening for safety in places that have to privilege an emergency exit with a mass effort, for safety purposes.

All the doors that have been slammed in my face were always opening inward...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 1/1/2024 at 5:40 PM, guzzler said:

No way in hell would I be venturing out on a bike in weather like that either!

On a Quota you could!

• Haha 1

Must be luck with the doors then :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

Got two rides in already this year, yesterday and today.  Tomorrow will get another one in!

Weather is perfect...50-60 F, blue skies, not much traffic...

Yesterday did 150 miles, today did 225 miles...have to exercise the fleet!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Must be luck with the doors then :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

Not really, because of the corollary:

"Don't let the door hit you on your way out".... still requires an inward opening door...

Bugger....

Knew I shouldn't have washed and polished the bike before Friday's ride!

All was well come the appointed hour and we headed off through the twisties on the other side of the highway.Took a couple of corners to get into the groove but well into it.

It was sunny and warm but bloody windy,although wasn't so bad as the road is quite sheltered here.

Dave on the MV blasted off in front determined to test his new suspension settings and I stuck to my Brisk pace.This went well till we came off the Old Sale Road at Newborough and found ourselves on basically single track roads that goats would surely appreciate! This was definitely not V11 Sport territory!

The roads were 30 -60 Kph and 1st and 2nd gears with the odd chance to get into 3rd, barely wide enough for 1 and a half cars, littered with crap from the recent wild weather and dodging Cockies ( Farmers ) and their tractors!

I was very pleased to pop out onto the very good secondary road to Thorpdale and twist the throttle a bit!

Stopping at Thorpdale, the Bakery was closed so no coffee and we notice that my bike is spewing oil onto the road and the top front of the motor is covered in it....WTF.

Panic mode sets in about now and it's bloody hot in the gear.

Dave volunteers to head back and get his van to put the bike in it and get her home but I realise what's happened.The last couple of times I've ridden her I had some odd streaks of oil on my pipes and thereabouts, cleaned it up and checked but could find no sign of any leaks.

So I think that after the higher revs in low gear work the infamous rubber breather pipe has decided to finally let go!

After much deliberation and checking the oil level ( fine ) I decided I'd ride her home but keep her under 4k. Luckily no oil on rear tyre.

As there was no easy way back to the highway and plenty of twisty elevated road to get there, I didn't set any lean angle records!!

But after a gentle run back home we had a better look at it and pretty sure my diagnosis is correct.Rob (mechanic) confirmed that he thinks so too when I called him and he even has the part in stock!

So, instead of enjoying a counter attack ( Pub lunch ) at the beautiful  Tarwin Lower Pub by the river I have a rather oily bike sitting in the car-port awaiting a trip in the van to Rob's next week, where these 23 year old rubber bits will be replaced!

Ironically, I was going to have the inlet rubbers replaced next service as I've taped these up in the meantime so this has just fast tracked it I spose.

Well after canned spaghetti on toast for a ( quite ) late lunch I retreat to the balcony with a glass of Shiraz and think about a dip in the pool to cool off...

Bugger # 2.... after a warm to hot day the bloody (now cool) wind whips up and urinates on that idea!

Time to give up and go inside and listen to some music... as have by now have given up on any further plans!

Cheers 

Ps hope the second ride of the years a better one eh!

Pps No photos were taken unfortunately folk's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Even the weather...

Lucky you. Just looked at the weather forecast for here.

5°C for tomorrow, and then...

for the following five days, nothing above -1°C, and down to -5°C, and for the next 16 days, noting above 3°C. A couple of spots of snow along the way.

Bugger... :unsure:

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Bugger... :unsure:

What is German for "Bugger?"

"Ach du liebe?"