Report your 1st of January 2024 ride here / 1st 2024 ride works too...

Most of the American vernacular for this expression is blocked by the latest forum software.

Well, I'll be . . . <_<

• Like 1
On 1/4/2024 at 4:07 PM, PJPR01 said:

Got two rides in already this year, yesterday and today.  Tomorrow will get another one in!

Weather is perfect...50-60 F, blue skies, not much traffic...

Yesterday did 150 miles, today did 225 miles...have to exercise the fleet!

Another 150 miles today on the Norge!  Hopefully tomorrow out on the Scura!

• Like 3

What a beautiful day to ride…blue skies, cold and crisp, little traffic, very few motorcycles out today…fair weather riders…probably too cold!  Several layers, balaclava and good gloves makes the riding very enjoyable.  Good music in the helmet…just perfect!    140 miles on the Scura through the forest…halfway thru stopped for a Peppermint Latte to warm up!  Still feels like the holidays!  Scura runs like a champ!!

• Like 4

Well surprisingly today was another beautiful day, which meant of course, that I had to get in another ride today...180 miles on different roads than normal. Tomorrow and the next few days promise to be quite chilly, so it was nice to get another ride in before the cold snap...lots of other folks with the same idea!  Seems like winter will finally arrive tonight!

• Like 3

My daughter is in Austin and I checked the forecast.  Looks to be a super cold front. At least it doesn't look like the last freeze which was an ice storm. She was without power for days...which meant no heat or cooking. She had to run out and get a Coleman stove to cook.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/13/2024 at 9:13 PM, activpop said:

She was without power for days...which meant no heat or cooking.

And no water either... since all the water towers have been made redundant, no power means no water flow either.

Food and heat can be mitigated, but the lack of water has the most unpleasant outcome.

• Like 1

Not to mention 40 bales of wheat straw covering the well house and vents around the house. This should stop any water freezing ! A trip to DGS for 3 upright electric heaters and it is a cool 50deg. in the house with D , the dog and cat in the bed. 

• Like 2

Two years ago while on a trip to Colorado...Beaver Creek to be exact...I was pleasantly surprised to see 3 Dog Night at the last minute performing at the theater in the mountain village above town, ..what a great blast from the past!  Music we grew up on...and to see it live was fantastic.  Voices are pretty much the same.  

Now where is Jeremiah tonight...he was a good friend of mine!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, gstallons said:

Not to mention 40 bales of wheat straw covering the well house and vents around the house. This should stop any water freezing ! A trip to DGS for 3 upright electric heaters and it is a cool 50deg. in the house with D , the dog and cat in the bed. 

As long as the power holds, even if 50 is not much, especially indoors.