Breather Hose oil leak

FreyZI

Thanks to all for the expert guidance :notworthy:.  After hours of cleaning this (sorry -- don't know why it is 90 degrees CW):

20240305_111129.jpg

the law of diminishing returns kicked in and I put it back together.  Definitely used a few muscles I ordinarily don't getting hoses reattached.  Running, but figure I'll do a valve check, new gaskets, and an oil change before taking it for a test.

Meanwhile, as I was fiddling with the hose from the bottom side of the fuel tank (that's a PITA) -- specifically, running it down to a spot behind the exhaust crossover -- I realized that I don't have the exhaust hanger, the one called a U-bolt, GU01123830.   Can't imagine how I lost that, but will definitely use lock nuts next time (though I believe I did when I worked on the back end a couple years ago) :homer:.

Trouble shooting the WR450F no start this afternoon, with fellows and :bier:.  Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

• Like 2

Can't help myself, do I spot something what we call an electro thief ? Don't like greeniesh copper wires  :bier:

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomchri said:

...do I spot something what we call an electro thief ? ...

"Stromdieb" here, and yes, I think you are right. :o

On 3/15/2024 at 5:40 PM, Lucky Phil said:

I've heard many opinions on advertising over the years but "concise" has never been one of them.

Phil

Being concise and consistent is the first rule of branding. No one will remember a convoluted and changing message.

4 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

Being concise and consistent is the first rule of branding. No one will remember a convoluted and changing message.

The "message" is changing all the time as far as I can see. 

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Thread drift killer; O.P. says: Problem solved.  After hose job last week, did valve job yesterday (a little tight, intake closer to American setting and exhaust gaps were no bigger).  Changed to closer to "world spec".  Actually seems quieter/smoother now.  Topped off engine and transmission oil and got out for a ride today.  Kept it a little less spirited to test.  All good.  Enjoyed greatly!  Thanks, again, to all who post on the forum.:notworthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1