My engine is pinging when loading it, above 4000 rpm...

p6x

large.20200519_094905.jpgKevin T....you're correct.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I understood that some of the later '04 models had a 15RC,idk

For clarity in the matter of ECU type, none of the V11 Sports US models came with 15RC nor O2 sensor. 

Only Euro models!

If your V11 Sport is a US import, it came with a 15M and no Lambda sensor - so unless it was modified by a PO . . . .

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 4:57 AM, Speedfrog said:

For clarity in the matter of ECU type, none of the V11 Sports US models came with 15RC nor O2 sensor. 

Only Euro models!

If your V11 Sport is a US import, it came with a 15M and no Lambda sensor - so unless it was modified by a PO . . . .

Correct. 👍😎 No US V11 models. 

Only the later V11 models destined for European countries, including Britain, Australia. New Zealand.

The US models missed out on the 15RC ecu which has the O2 sensor closed loop feedback.

I’d pointed this out previously.

This is an international forum where folks with v11’s outside the US come seeking information.

• Thanks 1

What about later bikes post 2002 to the US like the Le Mans and all the other naked variants from 2002-2006? All 15M in the USA?

Phil  

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

What about later bikes post 2002 to the US like the Le Mans and all the other naked variants from 2002-2006? All 15M in the USA?

Phil  

Pretty sure, yes: "All 15M in the USA."

Not sure I have ever heard of a "2006" V11. Or even a 2005 in the USA. I was thinking the 2005 Scura R was the last of the breed, but have never heard of one of those in the USA . . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Not sure I have ever heard of a "2006" V11. Or even a 2005 in the USA. I was thinking the 2005 Scura R was the last of the breed, but have never heard of one of those in the USA . . .

Ha, just checked MCS and the last V11 year model listed is the 2003 Ballabio. Here's me thinking they made them until 2006. I told you I find the year model thing confusing. 

Phil 

My V11 pinged in the 4000-5500rpm range during warmer weather and WOT.

She is equipped with pod filters (PO did that, I like the sound so I keep them).

I solved the problem by (in steps) increasing the fueling using Guzzidiag and Tune ECU ( I thought that was the software, but could have been the Aprilia Caponord as well) in that area slightly. 

On 3/11/2024 at 9:20 AM, docc said:

The Scura R was indeed the last iteration of the breed.

A handful each to selected European countries only. UK received 4 in total.

Articles indicated there were only supposed to be 23 made. A reputable Guzzi source refuted that & stated 18 in number only.

• Thanks 1

The truth is, my V11 works better now, engine knocks or not.

Acceleration has improved, the 3k engine misses are gone (so far), and my fuel mileage is now matching the forum's consensus. My highway mpg is now around 38, when it was always above 40 before the new map.

I just ride around the knocks and that takes care of it.