bar end weights

mikev

Thanks everyone, I've got the bar end weights and new Rizoma mirrors installed.  Really nice mirrors.  Thanks Phil

I got the adapters for a 2000 Ducati monster 600 - Revzilla didn't list MG V11 - which came with the correct bolt you recommended for the V11. 

The kit included 5 different bolts, so it seems pretty universal.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

its been warm enough to go for a few rides with my transformed guzzi... 50s during the day here ... salt is pretty much washed off the roads, though road crews havent fixed the pot holes yet ... stock airbox makes the v11 sounds better, even great, it sounds better ... i don't notice a power difference at all - seems like a totally appropriate and good refit .... rizoma mirrors are awesome (thanks again @Lucky Phil) no wobble, nice coatings, and as you said i have totally forgotten how much they cost and only notice the quality ...  maybe my next initiative will be to remap to gain better MPG if possible.  Oil change is complete (purchased the oil filter wrech suggested by @gstallons)  Bike is running great.  just need some better cold weather pants and a baklava for these early spring days.

• Like 6

A baklava huh ? Hmmmm. Skip and I were discussing them just a few days ago ! Whether you eat 'em or wear 'em ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, gstallons said:

A baklava huh ? Hmmmm. Skip and I were discussing them just a few days ago ! Whether you eat 'em or wear 'em ?

23 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Balaclavas taste great, and baklavas make you look like you're about to rob a bank.

I think.... :ph34r: :grin:

I wondered who might wade into these similar words . . .

Balaclava is the face covering named for the appearance of Crimean War helmets at the Battle of Balaclava, the site of present day Yalta in the Ukraine on the Black Sea.

Baklava being a Middle Eastern sweet pastry.

Robbing banks with baklava is sure to make friends! :grin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

I wondered who might wade into these similar words . . .

I might have been taking the piss there just a little bit. :grin:

Baklava is pretty close to my favourite accompaniment to a cup of coffee. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, docc said:

Balaclava is the face covering named for the appearance of Crimean War helmets at the Battle of Balaclava, the site of present day Yalta in the Ukraine on the Black Sea.

Nice! you know your references..

19 hours ago, docc said:

Robbing banks with baklava is sure to make friends!

There used to be so-called "gentlemen robbers", who did it in style without any harm to anyone. Those days seem to be long gone. When I look around, I can't help but think that our society has lost a lot of the values we got hammered with at school.

I remember that we had "Civic tuition", and were taught how to be courteous with everybody else.

I get the feeling there should be more people learning about the healing and peace you get from riding a V11...

Lots of unhappy people around!

• Like 5

The only unhappy people I have ever encountered on V11 did not keep them long . . .

• Like 4

On 3/17/2024 at 5:04 PM, mikev said:

. . . just need some better cold weather pants and a baklava for these early spring days.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this thinking.  Simply include coffee as @audiomick suggests! :food:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1