One more BMW video; this one includes the machining and assembly of the 6 cylinders in line installed on the K1600;

When the Honda CBX 1000 came out, quickly followed by the Kawazaki Z1300, I immediately wanted either one. Only I got a job overseas, and my motorcycle dream ended before it even started.

BMW seems to be the only manufacturer offering a six in line. Obviously, a tourer to compete with the Goldwing.

The six cylinder singer: listen to the music!

The first part of the video is about the machining of the six in line that equips the K1600;

• Like 1

My brother is on his 2nd one.  The first one lunched the timing chain at 70k.  That's after a couple of stick coils and few other "things".   He liked the bike so much, he just bought another.   

• Like 1

These bikes have always intrigued me ever since I saw one cruising years ago on the roads in Yosemite NP. It is surprising how many of these pop up for sale near me, especially late models. I can see one of these in my future, just for the thrill of that beautiful engine. It is a far cry from my '83 RT R100 which I purchased new.

https://www.facebook.com/share/mVBQhNWyQPjT18SW/?mibextid=kL3p88

• Like 2

I have mine for my wife she still likes riding cross country with me. The wife will take about 30 minutes on the Centauro and WILL NOT ride on the back of the V11 Champagne. Did do a few necessary upgrades for comfort like a Russell day long seat lowered foot pegs, taller windshield. Now I'm able ride my bike longer then I could sit in any car. Also when traveling with the wife I tow a Uni-go trailer if your on the road 3 weeks with the wife it helps to bring some extras. That's pretty much my kit. Make no mistake the bike is a behemoth, not as heavy as a Gold Wing.

We were in Yosemite NP 2018 maybe it was us you saw. The year before we went to Ocracoke Island at the end of Cape Hatteras. Taking the fairy was interesting.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, LowRyter said:

My brother is on his 2nd one.  The first one lunched the timing chain at 70k.  That's after a couple of stick coils and few other "things".   He liked the bike so much, he just bought another.   

In the 70's, owning and driving a BMW was our dream. The word on them was, solid as a rock, compared to the rest of our French made cars. As I could not afford a BMW, I purchased an NSU 1000C...

Today's BMWs have compromised too, and talking to MPH Cycles doctors, they have a few engineering flaws that could be perceived as shortcuts to make more profit.

Did you hear they attempted to implement a subscription scheme for heated seats on their four wheeled models? (they abandoned it after the outcry). I also read the newer K1600 does not propose either Google or Apple car integration; so you are force to use Bluetooth...

18 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yeah, you need room for the shoes, don't you... :whistle: :grin:

He is not an isolated case...

As I was doing some stops for the Texas Tour yesterday, I bumped into two couples, both motorcycles with trailers the length of the bikes.... at the flag's remittance, there were also several trailers behind motorcycles.

I had never seen that before.

Common here in the USA, or so it seems: https://www.rvingknowhow.com/motorcycle-camper-trailer/

1 hour ago, PJPR01 said:

Time for a test ride on the Beemer!  :)

I don't think so.... I want to keep my mind clear...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Damn...now I'm going to be tempted to pull a trailer...those single wheel ones are slick!  Color coded to match no less!