V11 Le Mans Tenni WANTED

Guzzi 1947

The bike looks good, but someone should explain to the bloke who wrote the ad what the word "punctuation" means, and why the same is a good idea. B)

55 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Speaking of unicorns, I unintentionally found this gem on.....Cycletrader?!!!

2002 V11 TENNI. 10K MILES. $8250. My guess firm being its rarity and that people are getting tax checks at the moment. 

This is the cleanest I've seen. If it's real. Did they make these on 02? I thought it was 01. Scuras were the rae dogs of 02 for certain. 

But it's worth a call if you want one. 

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2002-Moto+Guzzi-V11-5031316151

Yeah - Scura and Tenni were both 2002 special editions. Both with single plate clutches. There were about 600-700 Scuras made, but less than 200 Tennis. 

That looks a clean and all-original example. For anyone who is interested, it would be worth getting some close-ups of the engine and transmission case paint.

Unfortunately..As Scud eluded to...although they are beautiful...the 2002 will have bubbling engine and transmission  paint..if not now ( It looks like it does) ..eventually..( ask me how I know). 2002's  all get it..and like I once heard someone say. " It is like a beautiful woman with a big wart on her nose..you can't see beyond it.

Regarding the paint on the motor: mine has got that. The owner before me touched it up here and there with something. The touch-ups are visible if you look, but fairly good. I've decided that the best strategy for the meantime is just to not wash the engine. :whistle:

I'd be more concerned about the single-plate clutch. Some of them were, apparently, grenades waiting to go off. Maybe someone here has solid information about whether that is really the case, and which ones were involved.

47 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Regarding the paint on the motor: mine has got that. The owner before me touched it up here and there with something. The touch-ups are visible if you look, but fairly good. I've decided that the best strategy for the meantime is just to not wash the engine. :whistle:

I'd be more concerned about the single-plate clutch. Some of them were, apparently, grenades waiting to go off. Maybe someone here has solid information about whether that is really the case, and which ones were involved.

Do you know anyone yourself or have you seen one in personn? a single plate clutch "Blown up"? There was one photo of one several years ago that failed..although I have never read a personal account about it..The phot has been beaten to death over and over for 10 years or more on the internet but I have yet to see one that "blew up" or to meet anyone on any of the forums who had one "blow up" them selves..I've owned 3 2002 V-11's

2-Scura's and a  Rosso Mandello. with them..none blew up...So yes..I'd like to see some "Solid" information too.

I have grown to love the crinkly engine paint on my Scura…doesn’t bother me in the least.  The flywheel was replaced by Mike at MPH several years ago  with a single plate steel one…my original sounded hollow but I don’t recall seeing any cracks.  Peace of mind however…it’s the smoothest and softest shifting bike of all of the Guzzi’s.  I’m not racking up mega miles on it but for while I own it or if I ever pass it on to another owner at least the work has been done.  I just equate the crinkly paint to some original patina…as long as it’s working mechanically perfectly I don’t mind a few minor aesthetic factory blemishes.  With the lovely Alcántara seat I bought from Paul and some other farkles it’s a work of art in my view.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Do you know anyone yourself or have you seen one in personn? a single plate clutch "Blown up"?

No, I have to admit I don't and haven't. I've only read about it.

The thing is, some very smart people invested considerable effort teaching me during my time at the university about how to evaluate sources. The things I have read on the topic have been, at least to a good part, from reliable sources, and plausible. I'm convinced it is not a "phantom of the internet", but rather something that really has a basis in fact.

Nevertheless, solid first-hand information would be very welcome. :)

43 minutes ago, audiomick said:

No, I have to admit I don't and haven't. I've only read about it.

The thing is, some very smart people invested considerable effort teaching me during my time at the university about how to evaluate sources. The things I have read on the topic have been, at least to a good part, from reliable sources, and plausible. I'm convinced it is not a "phantom of the internet", but rather something that really has a basis in fact.

Nevertheless, solid first-hand information would be very welcome. :)

I totally agree with the great value of "reliable sources with testimonials based on facts which they presented . I would love to know where you have read this? And/or who these sources are, or exactly what facts they presented which convinced you so strongly. I  then could do my own deductive reasoning and draw my on conclusion.   This type of thinking is of course based on my own time at an excellent University ...:)

22 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Unfortunately..As Scud eluded to...although they are beautiful...the 2002 will have bubbling engine and transmission  paint..if not now ( It looks like it does) ..eventually..( ask me how I know). 2002's  all get it..and like I once heard someone say. " It is like a beautiful woman with a big wart on her nose..you can't see beyond it.

It’s not so much the bubbling but the paint deteriorates to a faded grey looking salt lick

• docc changed the title to V11 Le Mans Tenni WANTED
27 minutes ago, Guzzi 1947 said:

In discusssion on the bike.

Many thanks for the lead.

At some point, @Guzzi 1947, a dedicated thread with this Tenni joining your alluring stable (with pics!) would be most welcome . . . :mg:  :pic: 

• Like 2