LeMans for sale

activpop

16 minutes ago, activpop said:

You got that right. Going by his past wins, he had spare change. My friend wanted to bid on it, but held out seeing where it was heading.  I thought it would end up there. It only takes one.

True; when I checked his past bids, I was also surprised that he could be interested in a humble V11, but some of his other toys were also vintage.

As V11 go, the Coppa Italia is arguably the ultimate eye candy.

Ballabio in a Mardi Gras dress with dancing shoes . . .

@p6x That was some interesting action. Up to about $3500, there was one guy driving the train. He has an old V7Sport and a MHR, so I thought he wanted another Italian gem. His past wins showed he had some deep pockets, but he left the dance. Then the eventual buyer took over. It's history now. Makes me want to put mine in my foyer even more to keep it perfect, but I've been told more than once, no way! I have the perfect spot for it. Some people just dont understand.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, activpop said:

@p6x That was some interesting action. Up to about $3500, there was one guy driving the train. He has an old V7Sport and a MHR, so I thought he wanted another Italian gem. His past wins showed he had some deep pockets, but he left the dance. Then the eventual buyer took over. It's history now. Makes me want to put mine in my foyer even more to keep it perfect, but I've been told more than once, no way! I have the perfect spot for it. Some people just dont understand.

I have had that sort of conversation about vintage guitars; I play all my guitars, including those that could be considered collectible.

I own one special guitar from Andy Timmons, his first signature model, which was produced in very limited number from Japan. It is not even vintage, it was made in 1999. But there is one collector who has been nagging me to sell it to him. His argument being, he has all Andy Timmons latest signature guitars, only this one is missing. He does not want to play it, just want it to complete is collection.

I think guitars should be played, and motorcycles should be ridden. A bit of a shame to own something that may present an interest to others, and keep it close to your chest.

I like that one of the rare Daytona RS is in display in Texas, https://www.texasvintagemotorcyclemuseum.com/

It belongs to Mike Haven of Houston MGcycles. He hinted that with the right amount, he could be persuaded to part from it, but against my own belief that motorcycles should be used, I agree that this one of a kind should continue to look pretty in red.

• Like 1

Oh I intend on riding it from time to time, but its resting place could be in a more temperate area than my outdoor shop. It is hot in there during the summer and damp in the winter. Double doors to the foyer would make entry and exit easy...but that ship has sailed.  It will reside in my small indoor shop during the winter though.