LeMans for sale

activpop

Hmm, sweating a wee bit of oil here and there, but looks good. :)

I kind of like it when the seller doesn't do a thorough clean on the bike before he takes the photos. It take that as meaning that there is possibly nothing to hide. Or he doesn't give a toss.... B)

I have always liked the last gen red LeMans. While actually not "Termignoni pipes", they are nice Titanium canisters. Replacement foot brake lever could mean a wee tip-over in the history . . .

00N0N_cNqtPS5yTlM_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

As usual, good eye, @docc. The engine guards might be another giveaway?  They look aftermarket...but I'm no expert. It's just that my 2004 V11 has different ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

Hmm, sweating a wee bit of oil here and there, but looks good. :)

I kind of like it when the seller doesn't do a thorough clean on the bike before he takes the photos. It take that as meaning that there is possibly nothing to hide. Or he doesn't give a toss.... B)

Usually the latter Mick. I once bought a Ducati ST2 off a friend as a "favour" to him. He needed the cash. It was out of rego, been dropped on the right side and the Termi can carbon cover was held on with cable ties, the rear disk was undersize and required replacement to get through rego, the LCD fuel gauge was broken and didn't work, the front wheel bearings were shot, the r/h fairing was cracked from the drop and he hadn't washed it in 18 months. He wanted $7200 for it when they were asking $7400 for a low mileage mint one, so probably get it for $7000. I offered him $6000 and I'd take care of the rego inspection and repairs and he didn't have the hassle of advertising it. It ended up costing me an extra $1800 to repair plus rego. So $8400 all up and lots of work to own a well used and unloved ST2 as a favour to a friend when I could have had a mint one for $7000 maybe $7200 tops and zero work. 

Outcome. I now owned a bike I never particularly wanted to own and he thought I'd taken financial advantage of him and he never spoke to me again. People, go figure. 

Phil

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The red LeMans looks so much better with a red tailpiece, instead of the stock black. And I'm a fan of the high-pipe mounting.

Other than that and the brake lever, it appears to be largely stock and unmodified.

• Like 1

Wow, asking $6k for a bike with 37k miles. The one from a month ago was asking $7k (with lower miles) if I remember correctly.  Glad to see the values are coming up a bit.

21 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Outcome. I now owned a bike I never particularly wanted to own and he thought I'd taken financial advantage of him and he never spoke to me again.

Good bloke, that man. No great loss, I'd say, if he reacted like that. Pity it cost you so much to find out. :(

On 3/11/2024 at 5:30 PM, docc said:

Replacement foot brake lever could mean a wee tip-over in the history . . .

I was wondering since the one on my identical V11 2004 Le Mans does not look like Swiss Gruyere....

Also, my seat is not spotted but smooth like the baboon's rear end...

On 3/11/2024 at 8:59 PM, Scud said:

The red LeMans looks so much better with a red tailpiece

I kind of like the "Le Mans" in cursive marking.... the red gets brought out by the black parts. I think the tank's black side protection also gives a better overall visual.

Anyway, beauty is in the eyes of whoever....

38 stop, kingsville

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4corsa said:

Wow, asking $6k for a bike with 37k miles.

I paid $6k for mine in 2020, with allegedly 8k miles... only to discover that the odometer was not working... 32k miles and counting today, with a few bumps along the way, which have been fixed.

But price is subjective. The market for Moto Guzzi in the USA is very narrow, outside those few in the know. Before I purchased my Quota in February this year, I was closely watching a Stelvio 1200 NTX which price had slowly but surely gone down by the thousands;

one year+ later, it still has not sold.

• 1 month later...

I think I'd be happy to get $6k for my '03 Lemans with 13k miles on it and it has a working odometer.:D

Any takers??!!

large.20230819_134507.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/12/2024 at 9:28 PM, p6x said:

one year+ later, it still has not sold.

If it is the red one in Kansas, it sold this March. Stelvios sit for a while, especially priced high.

12 hours ago, activpop said:

If it is the red one in Kansas, it sold this March. Stelvios sit for a while, especially priced high.

It is the one sold by the dealer close by Chicago. I had the link live on my computer, but since I got the Quota, I removed it from my radar.