LeMans for sale

activpop

18 hours ago, guzziart said:

I think I'd be happy to get $6k for my '03 Lemans with 13k miles on it and it has a working odometer.:D

Any takers??!!

large.20230819_134507.jpg

A carbon copy of the one that sleeps under my roof... excepted for the two suitcases; I can't indulge to say panniers.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

There's Coppo on BAT.  $3500, no reserve and a spot at the Quail

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-moto-guzzi-coppa-italia-4/

Current bid is 3600 USD with one more day to go, but it is common for bidders to wait the last seconds to participate in the auction… 9000 miles...

As much as I love looking at BaT, it often seems like a hugely inflated "price tag justification" network. Sour grapes aside, I suppose that if you want to get your best payoff, this is the place to go. With motorcycles, it seems slightly less of a gouge, and sometimes I see a  true auction win; (love out to  "ultramotorsource" always fun to see what they find and flip). My brother is only into cars and guys in his club have even speculated some  money laundering as a running joke. For me, I think I'm in the majority; guys that want to look at pictures and daydream. I've bid twice, one time losing by only $100, and was more terrified than excited watching the timer count down...

• Like 1

Few hours ago on Finn.no, a Coppa with 6732km. 200000kr  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

4 hours ago, p6x said:

Current bid is 3600 USD with one more day to go, but it is common for bidders to wait the last seconds to participate in the auction… 9000 miles...

$6800

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

$6800

They don't show the bidding history. However, the 6800 highest bidder is the same.

5 minutes ago, p6x said:

They don't show the bidding history. However, the 6800 highest bidder is the same.

You will find the bidding history in the comments. . .>>

• Thanks 1

The seller said he never rode it. He just had it for display. What did they go for new in 2004? Anybody know?

The winner of the auction was dead set on acquiring it.

Maybe we are going to see him here soon.... ;-) at some point, he is going to face the same music we did....

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, activpop said:

The seller said he never rode it. He just had it for display. What did they go for new in 2004? Anybody know?

Didn't the entire V11 range 1999-2005 stay about $11,000-12,000US regardless of the model?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Didn't the entire V11 range 1999-2005 stay about $11,000-12,000US regardless of the model?

Hmm, maybe not. The MSRP on my 2000 Sport was $11,997US. I got a little discount since I looked like a potential Beta-tester. :rasta:

This reference gives the MSRP of the 2004 Coppa Italia at $14,590US:

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/moto-guzzi/standard/2004/v11/coppa-italia/detail.html#!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

They were pretty pricy. I know the models like the Scura, Rosso Mandello and the Tenni ranged from $13,500 to $15,000. In 02.. The standards were around $10k. Pricy for the early 2000s when a Yamaha R1 at the time was around $9-$10k.  

I remember wanting a Tenni in my 20s. Found a used one in a shop in Jersey.....In 06....For $12k. Only waited 10 more years to find a Scura..lol

https://www.cycleworld.com/moto-guzzi-v11-cafe-style-review-best-used-motorcycle/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, p6x said:

The winner of the auction was dead set on acquiring it.

You got that right. Going by his past wins, he had spare change. My friend wanted to bid on it, but held out seeing where it was heading.  I thought it would end up there. It only takes one.