Nero Corsa for Sale

Scud

I'm looking for back-up offers. I made an agreement with another member who wants the bike, but needs to sell something else first.

If he doesn't buy the Nero Corsa by April 15, then it can go to someone else. I'd prefer to deal locally, as I have heaps of original bits and goodies that can go with bike at full price - but will cooperate with shipping if needed. The bike has a California black plate "V11LMNS" that can go with the bike if it's staying in California.

Asking price is $8,000 with bags and racks or $7,500 without. 

Here is a thread I did about the bike, where you can see everything. 

I have barely ridden it since doing all the work - because I got busy with life and the bike had an intermittent starting problem. I've since replaced the battery with a Shorai, and it does start up now. But I think it still needs attention and a "decent tune-up"

Reason for selling... I bought Kindoy's Griso, and am keeping my Scura, along with still too many other bikes. Hard choices... but somebody's got to go.

I just put a set of factory Titanium pipes on the bike. These were a used set that I bought from another member. They're in better than average condition, with a couple small dings/rubs.

While the above thread documents most everything I did, here is quick list of non-stock bits:

• Speedhut gauges (GPS speedo)
  • Ghezzi-Brian Carbon Belly Pan
  • Ghezzi-Brian Carbon rear fender
  • Rizoma fluid tanks
  • Pazzo shorty levers
  • Remote clutch bleeder hose
  • Extensive powder-coating
  • Kit Racing Titanium pipes (high hangers come with, but I don't have the small adapters for the hangers)
  • Shorai battery

All three bags and rack could be available separately now for $650 if somebody wants them. Hepco Becker fully powdercoated racks, and all three bags - the cool ones with the Moto Guzzi logos, and the paintable panels on the side bags.

• Like 5

It's an awesome bike, The most rare and sought after of all the V-11's in my eyes..Even more difficult to find than the Rosso Corsa.

I love that Black..and with all the tasteful little touches you always do to your bike..ie; Gauges,Powder coating, etc, and that un-obtainable Exhaust system..along with your attention to detail..it is a prize find.

A number of years ago my first V-11..of the Seven I have owned , was your old Greenie which you went thru...An awesome bike that got me hooked on MG

Someone will get a Winner!!!

• Like 5

Wanted to comment on Saturday, took a minute to get account approval, so I kind of assume a line must have formed already... If the deal falls through on the 15th, I'm interested. 

How's the ergonomics for 6'8 and 250#? :)

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LeMans Fan said:

How's the ergonomics for 6'8 and 250#? :)

I think you would like a Stelvio NTX.

But seriously, if you're limber the V11 would probably work for you. I suspect you might want some stiffer springs.

• Like 1

Truth be told- I have entirely too many motorcycles at my house, most a result of being "too good to pass up". This is very much a, "My brain says no, my heart says yes" moment. Sincerely, I hope your NC goes off to a good home. I certainly don't need and probably shouldn't be buying another bike - but I also realize what the chances are of another NC (Much less a fully gone through, and tastefully upgraded one) appearing for sale near me is. 

My ergonomics issues are generally related to how 'pinched' my legs are, IE. high + rear foot pegs w/ low seat height. My go-to is a K1200R, recently picked up a black '05 999S. The 999 is actually quite nice- much more comfortable than a 1098S or 1199R. I did some looking, and the seat heights of a V11 and a 999 are similar, I suspect a V11 would likely be just fine. 

Iconic had a nice NTX not that long ago (And, the blue was amazing!). In my eyes, I see them as touring and commuting bikes. At present I don't have the time for touring, and I do not think I will be commuting on a bike in California... I have already learned the hard way that many late-to-work drivers believe residential stop signs are "Slow down to 30" signs.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:28 AM, LeMans Fan said:

How's the ergonomics for 6'8 and 250#?

As @Scud pointed out, you seem to have been conceived for a Stelvio 1200 NTX, orange...

I am 6 feet myself, and the first unpleasant feel I get on long rides, and I have done 800 miles on a single day, is the legs which are folded because the pegs are high. At your height, long rides will become painful really quickly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, p6x said:

As @Scud pointed out, you seem to have been conceived for a Stelvio 1200 NTX, orange...

I am 6 feet myself, and the first unpleasant feel I get on long rides, and I have done 800 miles on a single day, is the legs which are folded because the pegs are high. At your height, long rides will become painful really quickly.

It's funny you mention that... There was a NTX for sale in Winnemucca NV maybe a year ago at this point. Had ~ 3,000 miles, tons of extras, was only asking $4,500-5K. It too was bright orange, couldn't possibly miss it. Unfortunately, he had it for sale right as Tahoe was getting slammed with snow, no way to get it home. Maybe it was fortunate- it sure made the decision easy, if somewhat disappointing.

They appear to be great value for the money, especially against the GS-A's and some Multistradas that I've seen with 30-75K miles and still wanting $15-25K.... Maybe if I end up with a job outside of California. :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LeMans Fan said:

They appear to be great value for the money, especially against the GS-A's and some Multistradas that I've seen with 30-75K miles and still wanting $15-25K.... Maybe if I end up with a job outside of California. :)

One of the best values out there IMO. And I've heard some knowledgeable people claim that the CARC Stelvio (not the new one) is the best bike Moto Guzzi has ever made. I have upgraded suspension, seat, and windscreen, and have spent far less than the price of a stock base-level GS of same age/miles. Now that I have some street oriented tires on it's a fabulous mile-muncher, and still a lot of fun in the twisties.

all i know is, i saw this bike on FB Marketplace and thought someone on here should place it in their garage...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fastaussie said:

...thought someone on here should place it in their garage...

Well go on, pull your finger out. You know you want the bike yourself. :grin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fastaussie said:

all i know is, i saw this bike on FB Marketplace and thought someone on here should place it in their garage...

I have not advertised it elsewhere. If there is a picture of my bike on Facebook marketplace, it's a scam.

• Like 1

It's a different bike in the facebook ad. Here is the link that @fastaussie posted:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1414697602487585

Referring to the picture that @docc posted further up

BED9459E-F114-40DE-B5FC-9A9127239F68_1_2

and the first picture from the facebook ad

434465153_1360118844685124_6449163012676

Different headers (with a crossover), no belly-pan, different brake discs, and no red alternator cover. :)

EDIT: and the front mudguard is different too...

• Like 1