Get your checkbooks ready...

54 minutes ago, activpop said:

Hey @p6x, @PJPR01, looks like you have some place to go this week.

https://www.mecum.com/

Perfect!

I was going to do my tax filing tomorrow, you just gave me the perfect excuse to air my camera.... that 1000 CBX has my name on it!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Yes, the CBX looks nice. A mate of mine in Melbourne had one of those. Great fun. :)

And while you're at it, grab this as well. Cultivated insanity at it's best. B)

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1115784/1974-kawasaki-h1-mach-iii/?aa_id=576255-0

832649.jpg

I actually rode on one of these, and the H2...

I don't think these auctions are the best place to grab one. I have seen a few around in FB marketplace. Unfortunately, many owners have replaced the original exhaust pipes with expansion chambers...:angry:

6 minutes ago, p6x said:

replaced the original exhaust pipes with expansion chambers...:angry:

Not original, but doesn't have to be a bad thing if they work well. :)

There was a bloke in the area of Melbourne that I lived in with the 400 version of those Kawasaki 2-Stroke triples. Done up like a racer, and with expansion chambers on it. I saw him regularly on the street. It sounded great. And went like shit off a shovel. Or he was slightly unhinged. Or both. :grin:

Whatever, I would have loved to build one myself. I had a 250, complete but dead, and a 400 as a basket case, but I left Australia before I got around to doing anything with them. It'll probably never happen now, but building up one of them would be fun. :)

Edit: one mate of mine had a 350 which I'm sure I rode, and another had a 750 which I definitely rode a few times. I love them. B)

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

and feel free to buy me the E-Type whilst you are there. :whistle:

There is an identical 996 Porsche 911 for sale; https://www.mecum.com/lots/1111728/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet/?aa_id=581502-0

Mine has 50k miles, and it's a manual 6 speeds, however all the rest color, convertible, identical.

Estimated 20,000-25,000 USD.

My assurance company has mine valued 30,000 USD. I am going to follow the auction to see how much it goes for.

There is a Renault Caravelle Convertible which is beautiful. https://www.mecum.com/lots/1115802/1967-renault-caravelle-1100s-cabriolet/?aa_id=577837-0

Unfortunately, not original. The father of one of my friend had one.

By the way, not cheap to go there as a spectator. $30 for a day pass, $22 for the parking....

8 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Not original, but doesn't have to be a bad thing if they work well. :)

There was a bloke in the area of Melbourne that I lived in with the 400 version of those Kawasaki 2-Stroke triples. Done up like a racer, and with expansion chambers on it. I saw him regularly on the street. It sounded great. And went like shit off a shovel. Or he was slightly unhinged. Or both. :grin:

Whatever, I would have loved to build one myself. I had a 250, complete but dead, and a 400 as a basket case, but I left Australia before I got around to doing anything with them. It'll probably never happen now, but building up one of them would be fun. :)

Edit: one mate of mine had a 350 which I'm sure I rode, and another had a 750 which I definitely rode a few times. I love them. B)

When I was still in France, they had a national competition organized around the Kawasaki 400; a few of my moto-club companions participated the first year. Unfortunately, to win, you had to have the financial means. You had to have enough money to purchase several engines and pick and pair the best components. My friends told me that some of the riders had at least 20 km/h greater speed in the straights, with stock bikes. Also, while my friends rode their S4 to the racetracks, removed the roadworthy accessories for the race, other riders had bikes in vans and mechanics. So nothing was on an equitable level. This ran from 1971 to 1978. It started with the Avenger, then the S3 and S4. It is still happening with the ER6 I think!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, audiomick said:

To get back on the topic of Kawasaki triples (that was the topic here, wasn't it?), have I posted this here yet?

I gather it is one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_H1R

Watch how many he passes, and how often he gets passed. ;)

So, and now back to the irrelevant stuff about old cars... :whistle:

when I clicked on the video, it indicated that I had already watched it.....

His tachometer is working like the one on my Quota lol....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yes, the CBX looks nice. A mate of mine in Melbourne had one of those. Great fun. :)

And while you're at it, grab this as well. Cultivated insanity at its best. B)

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1115784/1974-kawasaki-h1-mach-iii/?aa_id=576255-0

832649.jpg

A co-worker at Boeing in the 70s had an H2 750. Scariest bike I ever roe. Never heard what became of him...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, po18guy said:

A co-worker at Boeing in the 70s had an H2 750. Scariest bike I ever roe. Never heard what became of him...

The 500 Mach III was actually the scariest, since the engine was a simple derivative of the competition, with no brakes, and a buttery chassis. A bike that was only meant for straight portions.

After the triple got that reputation, all the successive bikes kept it. If you compare the performances with today's H2, you may wonder what was there, to make those bikes so scary.

I remember that we considered H2 owners as "dead men walking", obviously destined for a nefarious end. But like everything, as long as you ride within your limits, you are ok.

820cc Denco modified to 120hk.
Bought a new 72 H2, painted it maron, WHAT.
Did around 28000km with those 2.
The H1, nææh.
Cheers Tom. 51b6e71a95d6488ae7573d6617a0e691.jpgdce6b7d51c9f582e3cc102221506883c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 4