Tekno Bag restoration - great bang for the buck!

When I inherited my dad's V11 last year I always planned on getting rid of these old , purple faded Tekno bags. With them being all worn out I thought it made the bike look bad. Then I realized that these things are rarer than hens teeth! I looked at a few older posts on here but didn't see anything that wowed me. After searching around I found a post on a Harley forum recommending Kiwiw Scuff Cover for black leather shoes to use on faded synthetic bags. At $5 a bottle I figured it was worth a try. What a HUGR difference using this as well as some zipper lube has made on these bags. They don't look brand new, but they look like the rest of the bike - pretty good for it's age! Pics from what they looked like when faded, one coat of the scuff remover on the bags, and then finally 3 coats with the bags on the bike 

• Like 2

Bloody hell, that's made quite a difference.....

If only it worked as well on creaky knees and dodgy backs!

Cheers 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, motoguzzikc said:

Oh sorry, here is the 3rd pic .

@guzzler thanks! I have been very happy with the results 

SmartSelect_20240518_195244_Gallery.jpg

Looks like she might be a bit rowdy with those pipes....?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, guzzler said:

They sound amazing. Loud as hell Dad said he found this full Bub set that was originally for a Sport 1100i but they also fit the v11. My parents lived in a rural area so it was no big deal for him, I live right in the middle of an urban area and the only one in my neighborhood who rides so I don't really take the v11 out for early morning rides lol. When on the highway out of town they are great. Take the bike north of 5k and it sounds like a vintage race bike. 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2024 at 3:55 PM, motoguzzikc said:

SmartSelect_20240518_155347_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20240518_155359_Gallery.jpg

What is the capacity of the fuel tank? is this your fuel gauge? the paint job looks a bit rough though....

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2024 at 1:36 PM, guzzler said:

I'm not a fan of these short mufflers and brand that's a box under the gearbox ( brand I forget, probably because the exhaust is so ugly to me) for aesthetic reasons. The rear wheel/swingarm area of a V11 Sport isn't the prettiest part of the bike esp with the enormous std rear hugger and the flange around the bevel box. Quite ugly and heavy looking in my eyes. A nice muffler style contributes in a large part to breaking up this visual and minimising the appearance and impact of this rear end appearance. Short or non existent muffler styles that expose this area do the opposite and draw your eye and therefore attention to the the heavy look of the rear end. I much prefer the std bike without the factory rear hugger for this reason as well even with std mufflers. One of the highlights of going to custom wheels was being able to machine off the bevel box shroud for a cleaner lighter rear end appearance.

Phil

Think it might be the Quat D style set up you're on about mate?

Yeah, I agree that's not my cup o Darjeeling either.

I like my Mistral Carbon cans and the reverse cone style you have on yours actually.

Cheers 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gstallons said:

That's funny !

But to the uninitiated it looks like a tank; the bag is set on the inlet, hiding the cockpit, and the gauge could be reading the amount of fuel left.

I know what it is though. It is an egg shaped barbecue, such as a green egg or a Kamado Joe.

@p6x I would have to estimate something like 15 gallons lol? If you think the pain job looks bad you should see the sad state of the ceramic liner lol

21 hours ago, p6x said:

What is the capacity of the fuel tank? is this your fuel gauge? the paint job looks a bit rough though....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1