• My bike(s)
    Scura, Nero Corsa, Stelvio, LeMans V, Husqvarna 701, Yamaha TW200

Recent Profile Visitors

5,325 profile views

Scud's Achievements

"I live here"

"I live here" (5/5)

Community Answers

1. I have the springs and will send you a private message. There is a lot of good info on this forum regarding shift improvement, and this is the time to do it. If you managed to get this far, you are a good enough mechanic to do the rest.
  2. That looks like the high hangers and hardware, which are optional. You can mount that exhaust with the stock hangers/passenger pegs, which is useful if you want to have an adult passenger or mount saddlebags. If you don't care about either of those things, and you prefer the look of the high-mounted cans, then use those brackets and move your footpegs over to them. At the moment, my Scura has these cans mounted high, and my Nero Corsa has the same cans mounted low, as I only have the hangers, not the V11 adapters. I'd actually like a set of those adapters if anyone has a pair in their secret stash... or at some point I'll have a set fabricated.
  3. I looked at the previous version, but passed. This looks better. It reminds me of using roll-charts, which show each upcoming decision, but can't give you the full context. I can see where this would be really useful in single-point city navigation, which I don't do much of. I have a Cardo PacTalk for some of my helmets, which allows me to use voice commands to my phone and ask Siri for directions while I am riding. The ability to change destinations while riding seems like it would be a limitation of the BeeLine device. I'm using the speakers in the helmet, I can still make out the directions with earplugs if I have the volume up high enough.
  4. I probably have a starter switch and turn signal lens. But I'll need to dig a bit to confirm. As for the bar - I had success straightening mine in a vise using wood blocks to apply the pressure where needed. You could also drop by a machine shop and they'd probably straighten it out for $20. I might have a handle bar, but what you just experienced is the reason I was holding on to it. Let me know if you can't straighten yours out.
  5. I just ordered a copy - along with the Moto Guzzi centennial book they published. I remember wanting that when it came out. 2 books, 1 box. ^ 4corsa - that's a funny AI-generated reply. Basically - "Yeah, you go ahead and build one yourself." ^^ Number 46? Who was the rider? Valentino Rossi's dad? I heard VR chose 46 because that was his dad's number.
  6. Phil - your account says it can't accept messages. I sent you an email asking for your address.
  7. So long-ish story... but the essence is that the sale didn't work out and now she doesn't want to leave. So I put her up on the rack and will sort out the remaining little bits and try to get her running as well as my Scura does. Maybe I'll even get adventurous and finally try installing the Caruso timing gears I've been sitting on.
  8. 2002. We V11 addicts know that the Champagne LeMans was only available in 2002, but not everybody knows that. Thanks for helping me clarify.
  9. Grey wheels from 2002 Lemans. Good condition, but normal wear and tear. Front includes rotors, I can measure thickness for anyone who is interested, but they are definitely not new rotors. Rear includes cush drive and currently has a Michelin PR3 with a lot of life left, date code 2617. $500 for the pair - or make offer if you just need one. I can remove the rear tire for shipping. Pics via text if interested. Plus actual cost of shipping.
  10. One totally disassembled, the other still complete and assembled. History / reason for selling: basically, I got too busy and these engines have been garage art for too long. Complete Engine - some years ago, I bought a 2002 Red/Grey LeMans that had been crashed. I assumed the engine was still good. But when I got it into another project, it made a knocking. So I think maybe the engine ran on it's side for a while after the crash and torched some bearings. The knocking was light and did not vibrate. Engine in parts - some fewer years ago then above, I bought a 2002 Champagne LeMans that another member had torn down and needed to sell. I tried putting the above engine in this project. Are you interested in both, one, the other, just the heads, other parts? Let's talk. Asking $1,500 if you take everything. (I see people asking over $400 per head on ebay) Local buyer preferred, as shipping engines looks difficult/expensive.
  11. Tank from Champagne LeMans - tank only, (no fuel level sender, petcock, or door) - but I may be able to find some of these if needed. $200 Tail Section from Champagne LeMans - structurally sound, needs re-paint. $80 Pillion Seat Cover from Champagne LeMans (Dark Grey with seat pad). $125 sold Carbon Fiber Gauge Holder. $70 sold Original Rear Hugger Fender $60 (assuming I can find the two hard bits that cover the ends of the swingarm) All prices are PLUS shipping. I can text photos to anyone who is interested.
  12. It's from a 2002 Scura, but I think it would work on any year V11. I think the steering head and bearings are all the same. The frame is longer on 2002+ vs 2001 and earlier, but I don't think that would make a difference. Maybe somebody has actually done the swap? A Rosso Mandello would look lovely with a set of gold forks...
  13. This a complete set, all boxed up and ready to ship or pick up. It's from a low-mile Scura that another member parted out, due to a garage accident that messed up the back end but only put one scratch on these forks. You can rotate the fork so the scratch will not be visible when mounted. Other than the scratch, they look like new. No leakage. Steering bearings look good (But if you're swapping forks, you may as well put new bearings and races). Includes axle and spacer. Asking $1,100 for the complete set-up. I have pics that I can text anyone who is interested.
  14. I have never ridden a stock one. Mine came with upgraded wheels, suspension, exhaust, brakes, seat, etc. etc. etc. (it needs 3 etceteras to adequately indicate the level of upgrades). The forks are pushed up about 5CM above the top triple. While still not a sport bike, it does provide a fun and sporty experience on the type of real-world back roads that I frequent. And it's all-day comfortable. Griserie de Griso.
  15. Griserie... had to look up the French to English. So this topic is "Intoxication with Griso." Fitting. The Griso didn't catch my attention immediately. I, too, thought the exhaust was clunky, and the oil cooler was weird. And I didn't care for the silver frame and how it visually cut through the body work. But damn, they grow on ya... And when I had the opportunity to collect Kindoy's silver and black SE with lovely mods, included a very nicely tucked in exhaust I went for it. I'm totally enjoying the bike, and it's getting the most riding time right now. Speaking of right now - I think I hear some griso (greasy) tacos calling me from the end of a twisty road. See ya later.