2002 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Revival

Cdogger

Keep in mind , this is going to be the best bike you will ever own or the biggest regret you ever make. 

Do not be afraid to ask questions and take advice. Post pics when you get it in hand .

I don't think anybody mentioned the age of the tires yet. You might want to check the date codes for date of manufacture and see if you're comfortable with that age of tire. If you get new tires - put some angled valve stems in at the same time to make checking pressure easy. 

I don't think anybody mentioned the age of the tires yet. You might want to check the date codes for date of manufacture and see if you're comfortable with that age of tire. If you get new tires - put some angled valve stems in at the same time to make checking pressure easy. 

My uncle had just put a new rear tire on when he decided to get a Ducati. I'm not sure about the front tire. I'll be sure to check.

You need it . Period.

Ok. Do you know how I can get one? I did't find it in any online stores.

You may not need it. You will most likely want it. Read this thread and learn about it. Info on how to get one is in there too. They are a very good deal right now.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19423

One thing that springs to mind, after sitting several years the fuel pump may be gummed up and refuse to turn but don't despair they can usually be coaxed into life again, don't try to pull it apart, they are a sealed unit.

As Docc says the relays are due for replacement, buy all 5 pin variety as they will operate in any slot.

Carefully identify the fuel level sensor under the tank, many of these have been burnt out by owners mixing the cable up with the electric petcock, it's expensive to replace, perhaps leave it unplugged until you need it.

The fuel sensor is the one closest to the front, the electric petcock is a chrome device with a hose attached, the wires have been known to snap off these where they exit the epoxy, ty-wrap the wires to the body so it takes the strain off where they exit.

I'm pretty sure I dont have an electric petcock. Is there a good way of coaxing the fuel pump back into life?

Hey guys. So I got the V11 today and it looks really good. There is some minor damage to one of the fairings and one of the mirror mounts is slightly bent. I've been doing the tank off maintenance list I was referred to. One of the vacuum lines was ripped to shreds and the three way joint between them was shattered so I replaced them. I replaced several fuel lines and all of the hose clamps. I replaced the air filter and the fuel filter and tomorrow I will do the oil filter. I installed a ground for my new voltage regulator. My spark plug caps are ripped -_- so I guess I have to replace those too. I also need to replace the rubber mounts for the dash (they are listed as "silent blocks" in the parts catalogs). So so far so good!   :mg:  :thumbsup: 

You would know if there's an electric petcock, it screws in near the rear of tank on left hand side, a chrome cylinder about 2" long and there will be no manual shutoff valve

To try the pump unplug the ECU for safety, remove all the relays.

Plug a wire into the 87 socket of the rear most relay and touch the other end to battery +, it should make the pump spin.

If it doesn't send me a PM with your e-mail address I will send you a sketch on reversing the pump.

Relay Pins

|   |   |  85  87A  86   (I may have 85 & 86 swapped around)

Once the pump breaks free it will soon flush out the varnish from old gas.

009V11SimpleWiring_zpsa6f055b9.jpg

Yup, I had to replace a silent block too. I Just replaced them all. Something about that Italian rubber. Solids, tubing, hoses, boots, etc, seem to dry rot. The silent block replacements, at least the ones from MGcycle, are aftermarket and seem to be better quality. Those little rubber expanding nuts that hold the fairing sides needed replacement on mine as well. I got some from MGC and some oem's from Harpers. Yeah get some pics up when you get a chance.

Congratulations - first thing to do is learn how to post pictures :oldgit:

Yup, I had to replace a silent block too. I Just replaced them all. Something about that Italian rubber. Solids, tubing, hoses, boots, etc, seem to dry rot. The silent block replacements, at least the ones from MGcycle, are aftermarket and seem to be better quality. Those little rubber expanding nuts that hold the fairing sides needed replacement on mine as well. I got some from MGC and some oem's from Harpers. Yeah get some pics up when you get a chance.

Yes! Pictures will go up in the morning. My garage is full of mosquitoes right now.