V85 motor secrets unveiled

ScuRoo

I don't think anyone is suggesting the touring version of the 1400 in a sporty bike.

But we also know that a sporty Guzzi in the future is pure fantasy.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the touring version of the 1400 in a sporty bike.

But we also know that a sporty Guzzi in the future is pure fantasy.

Well, maybe.. but.. you could make a capable LeMans with the small block, different ergos, and good suspension.

The antique AeroLario is a 4/5 scale LeMans.. put a modern front end and Ohlins on it, and it would do the job.

44450902681_8e8fd13961_k.jpg2018-09-03_12-28-14 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

• Like 1

Excerpts from Piaggio Vice President re 2021 water cooled plans:

What are the priorities for the Piaggio group then? "Consolidate Aprilia and Moto Guzzi and grow with motorcycles in Europe and the United States, then grow with the bikes on the Asian market where, as KTM and Kawasaki teach, we need the right displacement to break in. By 2021 we must complete the Aprilia ranges and Moto Guzzi, with unpublished products, engines and cubes ".

The same can be said for Moto Guzzi. "At the last EICMA we showed the concept of the new V85, which will be presented in its standard version and will already be on sale at the next Milan fair.Then, always thinking in the logic of the platform, we want to recover the audience of orphan enthusiasts della Griso, and launch a tourist road, more flexible than our current classic ". We give time to our readers. "The V85 range will come first, with the standard version of the enduro: at EICMA 2018 we will also bring a new concept of the V85, in a more off-road version, and the new range of Aprilia engines and chassis, the first of which will debut on the road. in 2019 ".

Why is Piaggio taking so much to re-launch Aprilia and Moto Guzzi? "If we wanted to get to the market early, it would take a year just to launch all the bikes we're talking about, but they would not have been what we really wanted, because they would have cost at least 20% more than we have in mind. We are moving forward with all the trappings to try to be present on the market with the right product.We want to avoid the mistakes of the recent past ".

Can we expect an entry level Moto Guzzi in the future? "In the past, the V35 marked a period of great fortune for the brand, we are seriously considering it, and we aim to develop flexible engines that, with small modifications, can cover different sizes".

What news on the front of the Mandello del Lario engines? "The new liquid-cooled engines, in a band from 750 to 1000 cc, are planned. We plan to launch them on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the brand, in 2021 ".

https://www.dueruote.it/notizie/attualita/moto-e-scooter-tutti-i-piani-di-moto-guzzi-aprilia-e-piaggio

• Like 1

That translation makes me wonder if I am among "the audience of orphan enthusiasts della Griso" . . . . :unsure:

The V85TT  is interesting, but not beautiful, to me . . .