new look nero corsa

dangerous

I love that exhaust.  Any hints on how you built it?

I didnt build it, it was built 10yrs ago by the owner of a rosso corsa, aparently there are 3 chambers in it, he had 4 goes at it in order to get the sound and performance right.

heres a pic of the doner bike which has now been put back to stock for sale... 

davesv11xx.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mu5cfxfbctxy7h6/AADVIsSC_9VyqI8tP92SmqYFa?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxnfKnNo4vVwb3lua1lHdjBjaE0

A couple of videos taken by my cellphone, so the sound is partly drowned out by wind noise, but you can compare my V11 Sport Naked with Titanium pipes to DD's underslung Shark Gill cool looking Supa Dupa thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks to DD for not changing the shape of my bike during the demos. :grin:

If you can't view the two video snips by either of the two links above, and you want to see them, can you PM me and I'll try another method of posting.

• 2 months later...

I think black would be best. If it blended in with the engine, then the engine profile would still look great, and wouldn't distract from the accent colours. That gorgeous paint job you did on the valve covers and pork chops, and the sharp wheel rim stripes are both eye catching enough, I think.

Too much bling and people might think it's a Harley.

How does it run with those filters & trumpets?

BTW, is that the 50 in the foreground that bucked you off and gave you gravel rash? :whistle:

• Like 1

Looks like fun!  For the belly pan, I cast my unsurprising vote for black. However, I believe the Nero Corsa has a dark gray diamond pattern over the black. What about using that dark gray for the belly pan - or if you're really ambitious, copy the diamond grey/black pattern to the belly pan?

Before you go riding with your new belly pan, put some clear ding-tape over the leading edge - or it will get chewed up by rocks from the front tire. I used a strip of clear tape that is meant for door sills in cars.

I recall the distinction of being assigned to (confined to?) the grills at my wife's Italian family's reunion some years ago. Here, I was instructed in the delicate art of grilling the long coils of Italian sausage. I could not help but notice the recurring requests of the eldest of the attendees for their sausage, "Nero! Nero! Nero!" ("Black! Black! Black!) :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I suppose it only takes once or twice getting the *pink* pork at a cookout to develop these mature opinions . . . :oldgit:

So, I say paint it black or make it pink . . . the results of the latter may cause you to change your mind next time. :grin: