Stelvio

biesel

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK dealers have hiked the price up already from £8250 otr to £8670- good job I got my order in early at the lesser price.

Will be in red or black and arriving last week in Feb hopefully.

I've asked for a blackie.

Guy :helmet:

Not long to go now!

Have you oiled your wallet?

:bier:

Alas no news BFG, although there is still a chance it may arrive next week- but when I was in the showroom earlier I had a good look at the 8V Griso which you mentioned the other day.

It looks very classy, well finished and the riding position seems more practical than the old 4v Griso, which you can't buy anymore.

7_big_1.jpg

Helen was tempted- may have to sell some more bikes! eusa_boohoo.gif

Alas no news BFG, although there is still a chance it may arrive next week- but when I was in the showroom earlier I had a good look at the 8V Griso which you mentioned the other day.

It looks very classy, well finished and the riding position seems more practical than the old 4v Griso, which you can't buy anymore.

As it happens, I saw the 8v yesterday too. A dealer not too far away has taken on MG and now has a full range of models in stock! Wonders will never cease!

He said it would be a few weeks yet, before a Stelvio arrives. He's going to Donington where MG are putting on some sort of riding day for dealers to try it. In a week or so? I should have asked more about it. Maybe you could put on your 'Official Guzzi Meister' disguise and wing one out the gate.

There's an 1100 Griso in the showroom with a Termi pipe (sounds good) for £7,399 or so.

Shop-guy says it's the most enjoyable/addictive bike that he's ridden in recent years and he's ridden most, also does some racing. When he took it home and was about to park up, he had to just carry on down the road for a few hours instead, which he says doesn't happen with other bikes.

I think that Helen should have one.

There's also an MGS 01. An Italian has just bought it, to the dealer's disappointment – as he fancied saving up to buy it himself – and unfortunately the bike will leave the country after a while when the purchaser goes back to his home-country.

He's putting it on the road.

Looks like I'll definitely have to organise that MG 2009 Ulster riding weekend.

To prep you for the Stelvio, have you seen the V7 in Bolivia stuff on YouTube?

etc

I sense Spring in the air.

You'll get a personal delivery, if you'll take it in red 180px-Moto_Guzzi_Stelvio.jpg

Helen has calmed down now and has decided to keep her V11- a very sensible choice because its fully sorted and has a peach of a motor.

The roads in Bolivia remind me of the roads "maintained" by Kirklees Council.

Can't make it to any dealer days, even in disguise as I am unable to ride for a while following a minor op, so am not in a massive rush to receive the new bike.

Are you thinking of a new purchase?

Guy :helmet:

guys... as far as I can tell...

Stelvio really rulezzzzzzz :)

26022008026gd2.jpg

Sounds terriffic!!! 5km ride in trafiic jam in evening Prague was really great. You sit really high, you see everything. Flickability 100% more than my V11...

110 horse powers is just enough.

Actually there are few minuses: Small tank - 18 lts is not much. Plastic cases in sides of tank are too big to my sense :)

and plastic fairing of starter just destroys the lines of engine and Gbox.

Front fairing - shines like B747 before landing :) Desing is..... you like it or not. I don't like it but.... :)

guys... as far as I can tell...

Stelvio really rulezzzzzzz :)

26022008026gd2.jpg

Sounds terriffic!!! 5km ride in trafiic jam in evening Prague was really great. You sit really high, you see everything. Flickability 100% more than my V11...

110 horse powers is just enough.

Actually there are few minuses: Small tank - 18 lts is not much. Plastic cases in sides of tank are too big to my sense :)

and plastic fairing of starter just destroys the lines of engine and Gbox.

Front fairing - shines like B747 before landing :) Desing is..... you like it or not. I don't like it but.... :)

Did you get to ride it? Excellent! did the dealer mention when the panniers will be available?

What were the brakes like?

I've heard that the 8v motor sounds ace! How did the motor feel in comparison to a V11?

Cheers

Guy

I want that engine in my V11!

Bull-like power. Handling is very precise. Seat can be adjusted in about 6 cm in height! You sit like a king. Brakes - much more poisionous than my V11 :)

Although engine has E3 homologation, sound is very "chilling" . Whole bike is really shaking a lot on neutral.

Overall, I am looking for promotional weekend with czech dealer.

Dealer didn!t mention anything. Chef was out of office so I was allowed for a short ride :))))))))

btw. In black color it is even more SEXY :)

Well this black one is certainly sexy!!

Yes, finally, after weeks of mindlessly clicking on the Moto link, and after the bikes have actually appeared in showrooms around the civilized world (and Leicestershire) Guzzi finally deign to put the Stelvio on their website, or at least the italian version

http://www.motoguzzi.it/it_IT/default.aspx

Click on Moto and, tellingly, it appears under "touring" (that should end those "would I take one across a gravel car park or wouldn't I" debates!)

Get a load of these 2!

Having just sold the v11, and still riding around on a B*W GS, you don't need to be Einstein to work out what I'm waiting for down at Colliers Wood!!

Some other new images of the bog eyed beast in Rosso, Nero and Ice Cream Van....

(actually I love the moon white on the Griso in the flesh, but not so sure here) :huh:

Enjoy!

Dave

p.s. Missing that damn green beast in the garage though..

stelvioz7.jpg

stelvioz8.jpg