Another New Guzzi

Tom M

Here is the original V7 special.The logo on the tank is a lot better.

Don"t understand why they use this small oval logo, instead of something bigger like before.

Even V11 has a smaller than older bikes, but still decent size eagle on the tank!!!!!!!

046.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it had a 200 tire, 150 hp, clip ons, fairing and chain drive then it would be, something else! :D If my aunt had nuts, she would be my uncle. Does every motorcycle have to be a repli racer? This bike has class, I like it.

We might ought to leave the whole nut thing out of it . . .I think I have a picture of you looking for yours on some Alabama highway . . . B)

We might ought to leave the whole nut thing out of it . . .I think I have a picture of you looking for yours on some Alabama highway . . . B)

Different type of nuts all together. I've got new nuts, thanks to the worlds largest ACE hardware store! :luigi:

Sorryn, but I think V50 man is right - it's 'orrible!

Triumph Thruxtons are mere shadows of the original pre-unit thunderers, and I don't think this will bear any better relationship to the original Guzzi 750s.

But I'm old, and what do I know? :rolleyes:

Triumph Thruxtons are mere shadows of the original pre-unit thunderers, and I don't think this will bear any better relationship to the original Guzzi 750s.

LOL !!!

Do you even know what that means ??? "Pre-unit" as applied to Triumph ???

Pre-unit Bonnevilles were built between 1959 and 1962. From 1963 to 1983, they were "unit-construction"..

Are you discounting all the Triumphs made from 1963 onwards ???

You could buy a lovely original V7 Sport instead, for less money.

I know which one I'd prefer.

GuzziV7sport.jpg

I don't know....last time I saw a really nice V7 Sport on Ebay, I think it went for somewhere in the neighborhood of 16,000 U.S.

A dog with fleas.

Ducati and Triumph got the retro thing right.

Unremarkable -- and dull.

Needs clip ons -- an attitude -- and a better color scheme.

Could spell the end of Guzzi if they don't correct this camel..........

FF :vomit:

<_>

Much nicer than a V50III, and I'll bet it will be more reliable, too.

And way much nicer than Breva which is way more sweet than a crappy lookin' Arizona.

LOL !!!

Do you even know what that means ??? "Pre-unit" as applied to Triumph ???

Pre-unit Bonnevilles were built between 1959 and 1962. From 1963 to 1983, they were "unit-construction"..

Are you discounting all the Triumphs made from 1963 onwards ???

Yes, I know and no, don't be silly: my Hinckley 900 was wonderful.

The words grandmother, teaching, suck and eggs might come to mind here, were I feeling unkind.

I currently own a pre-unit Triton ['59 Thunderbird motor with T110 head, E3134 cams, 10:1 pistons; needle-rollered, close ratio Norton box, etc] and an original '59 Thunderbird which I built myself from a burned-out wreck.....as well as a big-block 750 Guzzi.

I've also owned examples of 1960s unit-construction bikes and Meriden Co-op 750s, and they weren't as good to own, repair or ride. None of them was as fast as either my old, mildly-tuned pre-unit Bonnie or my current Triton. Neither was the Thruxton I tried in 2005.

But you're entitled to your opinion, my friend: just don't insult me!

Show me an insult and I'll appologize...

None was intended...

Oh, no apology necessary, really. <_>

I didn't like the Thruxton when I rode it because it was a shadow of what it could have been. I would love to be proved wrong about the new, small block 750 Guzzi, but I suspect that those who implied it was just another 750T in drag are quite correct. A cynic would suggest that this is the accountants trying to ring the maximum profit out of a very dated design. Nothing too wrong with that in principle, I suppose. After all, it brought us the V11! Nothing wrong with the Breva 750, either - it's a proper, cheap, go-to-work bike.

But this one looks to me too much like Guzzi taking the p**s!