Another New Guzzi

Tom M

This is funny, we want a simple retro bike the current ones are too big complex and heavy.

Guzzi spits out a classic bike, on no not enough HP to expensive it should go faster etc etc.

No wonder guzzi doesn't listen to its customers they don't know what they want.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great looking little retro, imho. I hope they make a low price for this one, contrary to the one they fitted on the California Vantage...

The output on the current 750s is laughable. Riding at high elevation (5,000-10,000 ft) like I do with high wind and short stretches to pass it just isn't enough output. The V50 was rated at 48 crank HP, same as the 750s. The 750 Targa made at least 60 HP did it not? It's not unreasonable to expect the same output with a modern 750. I own a bike with less than 50 crank HP and there are times going over passes into a 40 mph headwind when I am WOT/WFO only at 65 mph with no acceleration left. 50 crank HP = ~105 mph top speed, depending on gearing/redline/aerodynamics.

As displayed though, it is a city bike and probably a pretty good one. Smooth, light and comfortable. I'd still like to see it in cafe trim, and if the overall performance was on par with say a Triumph Thruxton, I'd give it another look.

A dog with fleas.

Ducati and Triumph got the retro thing right.

Unremarkable -- and dull.

Needs clip ons -- an attitude -- and a better color scheme.

FF

:vomit:

+1000

I think it could be nicer than a Thruxton - with some tweaking. clip-ons, rearsets, ccs. Benchmark are the Ducati Classic and the Trumpet. Bet they come up with a big brother if there's interest.

As displayed though, it is a city bike and probably a pretty good one. Smooth, light and comfortable. I'd still like to see it in cafe trim, and if the overall performance was on par with say a Triumph Thruxton, I'd give it another look.

Exactly. This is a city ride. Doesn't need alot of power. I agree it is a direct competator with the Thruxton, which has been a good seller for Triumph.

If it had a 200 tire, 150 hp, clip ons, fairing and chain drive then it would be, something else! :D If my aunt had nuts, she would be my uncle. Does every motorcycle have to be a repli racer? This bike has class, I like it.