UK meeting 2009

I wonder if some of the V11 guys on European Guzzi forums would be interested?

I'd say: feel free to advertise. Point people to this Forum and to the other belfastguzzi.com website.** It would be great to get a decent size of MG posse together over here. That begs the question of accommodation.

After a brief Facebook** chat with Guzzirider, the idea that there may be a number of different accommodation bases is something to consider.

Getting a campsite is relatively easy, but some folk don't enjoy camping.

Getting a building with enough rooms for all would be difficult, especially over the Bank Holiday.

So as long as we stay in the same area, there could be a mix of B&B, hotel, camping, self-catering?

And as long as there's a space to all meet - eat - socialize in the evening.

**Just thinking, maybe I'll set-up a Facebook page.

Because of the NW200 (no date yet) there could be European Guzzisti interested in coming to NI and combining both events, if they're on consecutive weekends.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doest that mean that you would have to ride half-way (actually all the way I suppose) across Europe to get here?

I would hope to be able to ride from Italy to my friend's house in Shropshire beforehand.

If not, I'd make the long trudge across yurup.

Ireland has been on my radar for a while, so this meet would dovetail nicely.

I like Jaap's idea of combining Ireland with Scotland, if there's enough time B)

I like Jaap's idea of combining Ireland with Scotland, if there's enough time B)

I've talked with Baldini before about the idea of a 'Celtic Fringe' event: i.e. Wales to Ireland to Scotland. But that's for another year. One with copious amounts of free time.

I'd take nothing away from the idea of going to Scotland, but I'd also recommend that you could spend extra time here. Donegal would be handy and rewarding. All around Ireland's coast the scenery / mountains are quite different. Some of the west and south west is quite like Scottish Highlands. In the North, there's the Fermanagh lakeland – which we won't have time for on the Bank Holiday.

:rolleyes: Bebo? B)

:huh: Bebo? :huh2:

Okay, Googled a bit, and now know what Bebo is. In Holland we have Hyves... I really feel no need to join these social networking sites.

I even got a shirt that sais "Not on Hyves"

Edited by Admin Jaap

:huh: Bebo? :huh2:

Okay, Googled a bit, and now know what Bebo is. In Holland we have Hyves... I really feel no need to join these social networking sites.

I even got a shirt that sais "Not on Hyves"

Bebo is children and young teenagers. I suppose it's UK, rather than international.

Facebook is a horrible mess, but it does have its uses. I can be a good way of getting information around people.

Hyves? That sound like a social disease, not a social network.

I've talked with Baldini before about the idea of a 'Celtic Fringe' event: i.e. Wales to Ireland to Scotland. But that's for another year.

Genetic tests have shown that England is also a big Celtic nation- with many inhabitants being genetically Celtic. The old thought that after the Romans came, all the Celts fled to Wales in a myth- most stayed put in England.

But if you wish to exclude us from your club I do understand ;)

Genetic tests have shown that England is also a big Celtic nation- with many inhabitants being genetically Celtic. The old thought that after the Romans came, all the Celts fled to Wales in a myth- most stayed put in England.

But if you wish to exclude us from your club I do understand ;)

Well, we could include England, to get back from Scotland to Wales.

– but can we get through it really quickly?

Well, we could include England, to get back from Scotland to Wales.

– but can we get through it really quickly?

Not without risking half an hour answering questions in the back of a Range Rover.... :rolleyes:

I hope I will be able to come to the party. I have a puncture at the moment, but hope to have it fixed by then...come to think of it, that happened in England too...

KB :sun:

Not without risking half an hour answering questions in the back of a Range Rover.... :rolleyes:

I hope I will be able to come to the party. I have a puncture at the moment, but hope to have it fixed by then.

KB :sun:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the little matter of your ASBO