UK meeting 2009

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

when are you wanting deposits for the rooms

Trevor

I want to go to the place and discuss the arrangements with the owner. I'll know after that. I had hoped to do it at the weekend there, but he was away.

I'll let you know soon.

Regarding the timetable

nothing will be set in concrete and people can of course do what they want, however I will propose some options for the days, as it may help people to decide what time to arrive and depart (book ferries).

From info so far, Saturday looks like the main day when everyone will be there and for some people it's the only full day that they have. I'd therefore suggest that the main riding route, which is the Antrim coast road (more info about that route on the webpages at moto.belfastguzzi.com and the site at www.belfastguzzi.com), would be on that day.

– More on all that later. There is no shortage of good routes.

Bertie, do you want me to send you some info on ideas for your week and links to biker-friendly accommodation? When do you actually arrive? Although you won't be here for race week, might you be here for the race day, on Saturday 16th?

Hiya

I definately want a double room on the Friday and Saturday.

My GF is hoping to join us, I hope thats ok.

Sunday is a bit of an unknown at the moment so I'd better leave that for now.

There is a slight chance I'll be over the week before for the NW200 but I can't confirm that yet (too many variables) but I'd love to see some of that racing.

Cheers

Mal

...Baldini – maybe ...Let me know any updates to the list.

Hi Belfast, fraid I remain a maybe. I'd love to be there but am totally incapable of planning anything. There's a lot going on at the moment & we had a lot of time out last year...If I can arrange to get over, I will, but it'll be last minute as always. Well done for sorting all this & I hope it goes well :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

Hi Belfast, fraid I remain a maybe. I'd love to be there but am totally incapable of planning anything. There's a lot going on at the moment & we had a lot of time out last year...If I can arrange to get over, I will, but it'll be last minute as always. Well done for sorting all this & I hope it goes well :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

david, I am afraid this will be for me the same.

I am not able to plan this trip. When I come, it will be unaspected and I do not know how I come.

So far as I know, don't reserve any chambre (room) for me. Maybe I will come with the tent and get some place in the garden of a local gasstation :D

To much pression on me now to give you a concret answer, sorry Dave...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have just booked our ferries:

22nd May Stranraer- Belfast 9.50am (same as Jaap)

25th May Belfast - Stranraer 12.15pm

I am going to try and get booked in at Ken Bridge hotel on the night of Thursday 21st- Jaap do you want to stay over too?

Cheers

Guy

P.S. Used Nutt travel £79 each return

Edit- have booked Ken Bridge for the night of Thurs 21st. They have other rooms available still.

I am going to try and get booked in at Ken Bridge hotel on the night of Thursday 21st- Jaap do you want to stay over too?

Edit- have booked Ken Bridge for the night of Thurs 21st. They have other rooms available still.

That's a good idea! And not too far from Stranrear. I'll give them a ring.

Room is booked!

:drink:

... haggis... :food:

Mal and I stayed there two weeks ago when I collected my cafe racer from the Tank shop- friendly as ever!

An evening of pie, ale and whisky- and no mobile phone signal!

What more could a man want?