EICMA 2009 Terblanche Guzzi

biesel

http://www.motoguzzi.it/it_IT/

16543_1229915718745_1554673698_589140_8246335_n.jpg

16543_1229915758746_1554673698_589141_1870563_n.jpg

16543_1229915798747_1554673698_589142_1947151_n.jpg

http://www.motori24.ilsole24ore.com/Moto-N...ersportiva.php:

Moto Guzzi presenta due prototipi, quasi a sottolineare la precisa volontà del gruppo di tenere alta la fama del marchio di Mandello Lario. Si tratta della V12 Lm, erede naturale della mitica Le Mans, nata dalla collaborazione tra due dei più famosi designer di moto, Miguel Galluzzi (capo del Centro stile del gruppo Piaggio) e Pierre Terblanche, e della V12 Strada, più versatile e adatta all'uso quotidiano, comoda anche con un passeggero.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda looks like a Griso tank,,...eh,

Depends on which Terablache shows up,

Winners,

Ducati 888

Ducati Supermono

Ducati ST3

Ducati MH900e

Ducati1000 GT

Ducati PaulSmart1000LE

Ducati Sport 1000

Losers,(in the eye of this beholder,NOT sales)

Cagiva 900 Gran Canyon

Ducati Multistrada

Ducati Hypermotard

Ducati 999

He can make either the ugliest or coolest of looking bikes.He also has had the Ducati factory and racing program behind him that has made the performance of these bikes respectable or class-leading.A respected designer is a step in the right direction,but performance,quality and reliability are just as essential to the survival of Guzzi.

I'm not of fan of Terblanche. This looks like more of his over-designed, hugely impractical, masturbatory concept work.

Guzzi has a phenomenal track record at cranking out interesting looking concepts that never go anywhere.

I'm glad their showing something but real, running motorcycles would be much better than this.

Even if they were to make them they'd have to have tiny airboxes and fuel tanks to get everything fitted into that space.

Bah... :moon:

johnk

I think it's good to see Guzzi bringing some fresh ideas to the show. Those are some pretty bold departures in design that are probably aimed at a younger group than most of us here. If those are oil coolers on the sides of the sport bike tank they remind me of CPU cooling fans. I like the exhaust and the flip up seat tank module but the ass hatchet on the back of the seat is silly. The rear shock location is novel but if it's unsprung weight it's not going to help the suspension work well.

a004copy-vi.jpg

That's... different.

On a technical sidenote: does that funky swingarm encompassing the shock mean he's turned the entire mass of the shock, spring & mounting into unsprung wt.? Not exactly what a Guzzi needs, is it? :nerd:

big_Novit_Guzzi16.jpg

That's... interesting. Going for the Hypermotard look there, is he? Still, I have no need for a motorcycle w/o a passenger seat: a Guzzi isn't likely to ever be a track bike, so what's w/ the nonexistent pillion perches on these things? Guzzi (Piaggio) can't afford for Terblanche to be putting out "styling exercises" only; they need some real product, not concept bikes! BTW, what's the ugly finny contraption up by the headstock on these things? (I hesitate to call them "bikes," since I fear they're likely only mockups.)

Even if they were to make them they'd have to have tiny airboxes and fuel tanks to get everything fitted into that space.

johnk

It looks like the airbox is encompassed inside the cool aluminum frame and would potentially be quite large. (referring to the hotrod sportbike). A clever evolution of Ghezzi-Brian frame/airbox concept.

The fuel tank could be more or less a flat, angled shape decending along the top of the airbox, going the whole way down to underneath the front tip of the seat. It looks as though they considered the space above the engine and re-shaped and integrated pieces together in a different way .

The hinged seat/tank unit is cool and makes things easy.

Tom M - good question about the unsprung weight...would this be unsprung in this location? It looks like an "in-between" location in terms of unsprung weight, especially if you consider the linkages could keep the wheel planted (minimizing movement of weight)

I like everything about this bike except for the showbike headlight and the pointy tail.