EICMA 2009 Terblanche Guzzi

biesel

Come on guys, these are fantastic in both senses of the word. If it excites younger riders enough to at least consider Guzzi, it must be a good thing. I for one applaud Terreblanche and Guzzi for their balls. This time yesterday it would have been unthinkable for Guzzi to do this.

Well done.

I like the future because I'm going there soon...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, these are fantastic in both senses of the word. If it excites younger riders enough to at least consider Guzzi, it must be a good thing. I for one applaud Terreblanche and Guzzi for their balls. This time yesterday it would have been unthinkable for Guzzi to do this.

Well done.

I like the future because I'm going there soon...

I'm with you. I hope they price the LeMans within a reasonable reach. The frame construction and hinged bodywork are very appealing (would prefer a round tail). I'll take one with the straight spoke wheels that are on the Strada (green motard). Good looking, light-weight shaft drive wheels

It is good to see Guzzi with new stuff to show off, but these are not what I would hope for. They are typical Terreblanche designs. Ducati must be laughing their butts off.

I like the Cafe design (being such an Old Git :oldgit:) , but it will have to be 125 pounds lighter than my Sport to be the Real Deal. MG claims 400 lb, dry, so maybe close!

And where are the photos of EICMA with the models? You mean Italians would put designs on the stage without leather dresses and Pradas?

I wouldn't say these are typical ANYTHING for guzzi and really like the direction they're going, that being said I'm 29 and to survive they're going to need NEED to get their name out there and make some bikes the younger crowd wants. I would totally buy the green one, the red one is just too goofy but I like the fact that they are trying and I hope some kind of nice new bike comes down the pipe. I'd really consider it.

This must have been what Greg and Dave saw a few months back with his meeting with Galuzzi and the Piaggio Yes Men.

Definitively more promising with pics,though hope those are closer to concept than reality or finished product.Maybe the Roadster transforms into a nice looking Italian bike :P Fit and finish look good,and some very nice looking parts.How bout the Ohlins-like front end of the roadster.Piggy back reservoirs at he bottom.Interesting :nerd:

Slightly interesting concepts, yes, but by and large disappointing and gross.

They're like bikes of two halves: two incompatible halves joined together.

The competition is so much better.

I like Terblanche's thinking- the whole point of launching a prototype at EICMA is to create discussion, and then use this feedback to create something real. I think the test will be if customers who would not ordinarily buy a Guzzi, now sit up and take notice, because they can only sell so many bikes to committed Guzzisti like most of us.

With a few tweaks- maybe a proper headlight, half fairing, revised shock, wheels and numberplate you may have a nice little sports bike- will be interesting to see how much they weigh.

I am sure a photoshop geek could create a few "what ifs"! :nerd:

P.S. I love "pointy" bikes!

11535_185456327696_125964657696_2788559_6258484_n.jpg

11535_185456317696_125964657696_2788558_2777984_n.jpg

I like Terblanche's thinking- the whole point of launching a prototype at EICMA is to create discussion, and then use this feedback to create something real. I think the test will be if customers who would not ordinarily buy a Guzzi, now sit up and take notice, because they can only sell so many bikes to committed Guzzisti like most of us.

With a few tweaks- maybe a proper headlight, half fairing, revised shock, wheels and numberplate you may have a nice little sports bike- will be interesting to see how much they weigh.

I am sure a photoshop geek could create a few "what ifs"! :nerd:

P.S. I love "pointy" bikes!

11535_185456327696_125964657696_2788559_6258484_n.jpg

11535_185456317696_125964657696_2788558_2777984_n.jpg

Absolutely spot on mate. These are not, and are not intended to be, the finished product. they are like a showhome on a new housing estate there to suggest what they COULD be not what you will be offerred. Just like the Griso was when it was shown.

I showed these pics to a mate that thinks I'm mental to have these 'old school bikes' and he was amazed that they were from Guzzi. I agree that they look like a pigs ear in parts but they are well on their way to becoming silk purses and a LOT better than I dared hope for.

they look like a pigs ear in parts but they are well on their way to becoming silk purses....

is it an accident in a boiler factory, a refrigeration plant, a... a...?

13054_180323808655_26116053655_2798775_6103248_n.jpg

no, it's a.... a..... ???

13054_180323693655_26116053655_2798759_5333365_n.jpg

is it an accident in a boiler factory, a refrigeration plant, a... a...?

13054_180323808655_26116053655_2798775_6103248_n.jpg

no, it's a.... a..... ???

13054_180323693655_26116053655_2798759_5333365_n.jpg

BFG, youre just too old to get it, I wouldn't expect you to listen to miley cyrus or taylor swift but they sure sell a lot of mp3's just because the average guzzi rider attended a led zepplin concert doesn't mean they should keep playing the oldies if they want to survive

Thanks MZNYC! All the rest of the photos must have been shot while the ladies were at lunch. (Not that any of them look like they ever eat).

The hyper-finning surely looks a bit overdone in the pictures, but, I agree, this more about trying on some new clothes and seeing who wants to go out dancing.