Been said before... F_U_C_K IT'S QUIET!

I for one kinda like impassioned (argumentative) forum dudes. Ones that get so into it they write mini novels explaining their pov

and stirring up a reaction from one or two takers - it puts a little soul into the party!!

Arguments are better than deathly silence now.... don't you agree?

It's 2012. Time to bring that old bastard back in from the cold...

:2c:

To be honest, me too. I love a good discussion, but 99% of the time it ends up in very unpleasant personal attacks. I've seen too many forums die due to lack of moderation. And don't forget a lot of members also left because of the endless bickering and name calling over here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the problem wasn't attitude, language or passion it was that every thread became infected with the interminable bickering of Ratch & his Nemesis - DLaing. All other voices drowned in endless paragraphs of their whining at each other, re-iterating the same stances over & over in great long screeds. It got very boring & repetitive. I didn't bother checking out the forum any more cos it was all the same - just scrolling down through their reams of bile. You'd be discussing some particular mechanical issue that needed sorting - then one of them two would appear...& the other couldn't resist...It wasn't even as though there was any imagination, humour or variety to engage with, just constant drone. Exageration? I guess you had to have been there!

I had no problems with Ratchethack myself, I think we got along just fine. But obviously he's sh*t his nest here some other way too, cos generally Jaap is pretty tolerant.

I think part of the reason this forum is real quiet is cos of the way it was then. Images persist. Shame, cos unlike some, this forum is pretty catholic, international & varied - with polar opposites seeming to co-exist. Just not enough of us.

KB :sun:

Just not enough of us.

Which is just the way of it, as it's a one-model, small factory, V11 interest site.

As we've reflected on a number of times before: the bike is not a current model and most of the technical issues have surfaced and been sorted (or been resigned to) long ago...

The technical sub-forums will always be very important. They will always function as a manual and an archive – to consult – but as eureka moment discussion boards, they are never again going to be as lively as they used to be. There isn't the same need for ongoing technical exploration, so it's other aspects of V11 ownership that are more prominent: the social exchange of the forum; the sharing of travel, rides and other exploits; the general comments and banter that keep things ticking over.

As we discussed before and as was implemented, I do think it's worth having the section here for current MG models. That helps maintain interest for many who have acquired a new model since the V11; it can bring new people; and it will continue some element of new technical and help discussions.

*Warning* Self-referential Joke Coming Up > > > Of course it's not just the V11 that isn't a current model any more. A good few of the riders are maturing/rusting/past their sell-by date.

Hey, how about free speech. I make a motion a special Forum be dedicated to Free Speech. This Forum will require a spcecial password which expires monthly. To obtain a password is $100.00 US. To post on said Forum is $100.00 US. All posts will be encrypted so only the people with passwords will be able to read and post on this special forum.

I watch 4-6 hrs of news daily for learning and entertainment purposes.... I don't want to see this type of propoganda on this website. I do not see how someone can enjoy one style of motorcycle(V11s) and enjoy "pushing my buttons" at the same time with their hate. I joined this site for friendship. I hope others did too.

Just not enough of us.

..................... A good few of the riders are maturing/rusting/past their sell-by date...............

I really, really resemble that remark :oldgit:

Yep, perhaps a new medical forum should be created to deal with ailments of ageing bikers. I look forward to discussions of developments in false hips, cures for piles, How to adapt controls for arthritis sufferers (done that one already), the best boots for gout, how to deal with beard lice etc.

In all seriousness, this forum is IMHO the best around and provides a formidable body of work and expertise second to none. Jaap has done an amazing job keeping it in shape. Perhaps it is time to expand the 'newer models' section - most people on here seem to have a second machine in their stable. I am contemplating adding a newer model and can't find the same level of comment and help elsewhere.

I am contemplating adding a newer model and can't find the same level of comment and help elsewhere.

Oh, well, I know that I invited comment etc, but I didn't expect, um, well, anyway

try here > www.newmodels.com

Are you looking for a keeper or something for a spring fling?

51Q1nZ6tzKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I am contemplating adding a newer model and can't find the same level of comment and help elsewhere.

Oh, well, I know that I invited comment etc, but I didn't expect, um, well, anyway

try here > www.newmodels.com

Are you looking for a keeper or something for a spring fling?

Yep, she will do.

Thinking Norge for some high mileage trips this year. V11 to be pulled apart and spruced up with new paint etc.

Thinking Norge for some high mileage trips this year. V11 to be pulled apart and spruced up with new paint etc.

I'd like to try something with a fairing just to see what difference some level of comfort, ease through the air and protection from weather makes. I've never tried anything with a fairing before at all, apart from the pressed-frame Yamaha 80 that was my first bike and had leg shields! Oh and the Scura's little bikini fairing.

I'd also like to pull my V11 apart. No, seriously.

I'd like to try something with a fairing just to see what difference some level of comfort, ease through the air and protection from weather makes. I've never tried anything with a fairing before at all, apart from the pressed-frame Yamaha 80 that was my first bike and had leg shields! Oh and the Scura's little bikini fairing.

I am thinking along the mad lines of building a tonti with a dustbin fairing on it.

That tops my first............ a mini-bike with a 3 1/2 hp Briggs&Stratton engine.

I sure I'll find out when I get my glasses but is that poor girl really called 'Roger'? :wub:

It's a girl?

I need to put my glasses on.